This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
want to do a plant pot thing acros the back of the...
Last Post: yorkiejeff
Today 05:45 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 545
New friends and background
Last Post: Nick Jarvis
Today 12:31 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 56
I.D please
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
hi all am new to this just joined as stephen reffe...
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:52 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 35
Hi All!!
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 11:42 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 58
New used project
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 11:31 PM
» Replies: 45
» Views: 1136
Is my fish full of eggs or just overweight?
Yesterday 11:26 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 230
New Video of shoaling fish
Yesterday 11:11 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 81
NAME THAT FISH - GAME
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:00 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 133
Return To The Vale!odrome
Last Post: Sarah
Yesterday 10:17 PM
» Replies: 213
» Views: 4899
Fostering/Adopting a dog.
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:23 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 625
Cheltgirl’s Sooperhooge Goldie Tank and The Barbar...
Last Post: Cheltgirl
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 524
» Views: 16020
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Yesterday 07:46 PM
» Replies: 772
» Views: 52846
Betta Cube - WIP
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 07:45 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1488
Nicks tanks.
Yesterday 07:42 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 396

Marty's tank log
It's been a while and this a lot different to my last marine tank one being freshwater and second a lot smaller in scale.

This is around 150L I think has JBL pro scape plant soil under the main sand and some random plants added with a large piece of wood filtration is a Fluval 207 and lighting is Fluval 30" Aquasky.

Tank temp at the minute can be altered to accommodate its inhabitants but I've currently set it to 24°c

I'm in need of some stocking ideas I want the tank to look nice and busy in the end so smaller fish would be best so no goldfish or plecs.

I know all about the nitrogen cycle ect so that will save anyone linking me to cycling a tank

Cheers
Marty[Image: bac3a683825ec0144e6d1b41adfbe9a7.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
[-] The following 6 users Like Marty.h's post:
  • Annie, Gingerlove05, grommit, Hanlou, karl2784, Stevieglasgow
Thanks given by: grommit
Wahoo your back! Good to see you here dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowAddict's post:
  • Marty.h
Thanks given by:
Your tank looks lovely, very healthy and lush ! I guess you know all about water hardness, so is that guiding you to any particular fish ?
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Annie's post:
  • Marty.h
Thanks given by:
Looking good Marty! Nice to see you, it’s been a little while Smile
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gingerlove05's post:
  • Marty.h
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2019, 08:00 PM)Annie Wrote: Your tank looks lovely, very healthy and lush ! I guess you know all about water hardness, so is that guiding you to any particular fish ?
We have liquid rock here I'm not sure what to go for I'm best with marine then I am freshwater [Image: c06eb59eb056efb446ce16fbfb084cd8.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Marty.h's post:
  • Annie
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2019, 07:02 PM)Marty.h Wrote: It's been a while and this a lot different to my last marine tank one being freshwater and second a lot smaller in scale.

This is around 150L I think has JBL pro scape plant soil under the main sand and some random plants added with a large piece of wood filtration is a Fluval 207 and lighting is Fluval 30" Aquasky.

Tank temp at the minute can be altered to accommodate its inhabitants but I've currently set it to 24°c

I'm in need of some stocking ideas I want the tank to look nice and busy in the end so smaller fish would be best so no goldfish or plecs.

I know all about the nitrogen cycle ect so that will save anyone linking me to cycling a tank

Cheers
Marty[Image: bac3a683825ec0144e6d1b41adfbe9a7.jpg]

BOOOOSHHH!! your back!
Mint tank m8. looking fwd to learning and having a crack with you.
Lovely scape.
Bri
Aphasia (pronounced uh-fey-zhuh) is a condition caused by injury to the brain and affects a person’s ability to communicate. People with aphasia may have difficulty expressing themselves when speaking, difficulty understanding the speech of others, and difficulty reading and writing.

[-] The following 1 user Likes grommit's post:
  • Marty.h
Thanks given by:
If your looking for shoals, forktail rainbows (pseudomugil furcatus) and x ray tetra are the first couple that come to mind that dont mind/like hard water Smile
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gingerlove05's post:
  • Marty.h
Thanks given by:
....and anchor cats for the bottom, maybe a trio of scarlet badis for a flash of colour?
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes plankton's post:
  • Marty.h
Thanks given by:
The background is already crazing me so tank will be moved forward tomorrow and that horrid background removed and the back pane painted black.

I did got to the LFS today for a look and they had a lovely 5ft tank the other half was dragging me away saying no not at the minute its probably a good job she did come or there may of been a bigger tank already i will get a bigger one at some point

[-] The following 4 users Like Marty.h's post:
  • Annie, Cheltgirl, fr499y, Gingerlove05
Thanks given by:
I've always had a soft spot for ember tetras. I must of had about 50 in my last 110L lol looked amazing
[-] The following 2 users Like fr499y's post:
  • Jen1981, Marty.h
Thanks given by: