This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Greetings from Manchester
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:17 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 15
Brown & toilet paper like bits!
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:14 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 26
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: Colin Whitworth
Yesterday 10:38 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1804
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: KevB
Yesterday 09:36 PM
» Replies: 462
» Views: 41500
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: debiharry
Yesterday 09:26 PM
» Replies: 883
» Views: 39726
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1783
» Views: 267420
Little project
Last Post: Mark_Wood
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 408
High nitrites during cycle
Last Post: DrHouse
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Betta + tetra feeding.. How?
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 63
Han's Shrimpy Scape!
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 417
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Yesterday 06:58 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 5696
Going bigger
Last Post: piker
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1397
Angelfish "experts" re sick Manacapuru
Last Post: Alex34
Yesterday 06:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 125
One of my danios is missing
Last Post: jacksdad
Yesterday 05:46 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Wiggles tank
Last Post: Wiggles
Yesterday 05:18 PM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 1799

New used project
I don't know, the orange label one seems to be difficult to get hold of as well......
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
I now think the Hi-Grow is an older version...I've found some high protein at House of Aquatics online, also bought a bottle of Prime and another plants book!
Thanks given by:
Got my order from House of Aquatics...no food! No invoice or anything, they charged me for the tub of food, but just haven't sent it.
I've sent them an email, also tried ring the only contact number which is a mobile, that just went to answerphone. Not happy! One of my new bronze corys died yesterday and I wanted to get the rest on high protein food.
Thanks given by:
Went to my lfs this afternoon, they replaced the ex bronze cory, I spotted these two amongst the bronze stock: 

[Image: EyGwHEGl.jpg]
The guys in the shop didn't know the variety, so charged me £10.80 for the pair  Big Grin 
But what variety are they I wonder?... 

I walked out 3 corys and a big grin on my mush !  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes jacksdad's post:
  • wingnut55
Thanks given by:
Nice pattern but interesting to see what they will look like once they've settled. No idea on the id, though...
Thanks given by:
I'd guess c.reticulatus. Very nice! Big Grin
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by: jacksdad
Quick update. House of Aquatics have failed to deliver the JMC food, have ignored my emails and failed to refund me the £5.50 outstanding, now reported to Paypal  Angry 
The tank is running perfectly now, just over 2 weeks since adding the first fish. Had a couple of losses, probably the Red eye tetras as Plankton suggested, physical injuries, not disease. The rest of the fish are thriving, all the fish were babies and are growing up, especially the bronze corys, they are a good third larger already. Yesterday I checked the water, all spot on, KH is a little low though.
I have bought 2 digital temperature gauges off ebay, they showed identical readings when tested, and great price:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-AQU...2749.l2649

The TC420 light controller was another great buy, finally got to grips with programming it! I re-wired the LED lightbar I also bought from ebay, now I can control both rows of white and the row of Red/Green/Blue ones independently. I now have sunrise/sunset and daylight settings, all fading in & out, and timed perfectly every day, no more random switching on/off, plus the whites were too bright on the original lamp, now only reaching 60% at 'midday'  Big Grin .

So, the original tank and accessories may have only cost £55, bargain of the year, but the expenditure since is just over £400  Shock
[-] The following 1 user Likes jacksdad's post:
  • Hanlou
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2019, 03:26 PM)jacksdad Wrote: Quick update. House of Aquatics have failed to deliver the JMC food, have ignored my emails and failed to refund me the £5.50 outstanding, now reported to Paypal  Angry 
The tank is running perfectly now, just over 2 weeks since adding the first fish. Had a couple of losses, probably the Red eye tetras as Plankton suggested, physical injuries, not disease. The rest of the fish are thriving, all the fish were babies and are growing up, especially the bronze corys, they are a good third larger already. Yesterday I checked the water, all spot on, KH is a little low though.
I have bought 2 digital temperature gauges off ebay, they showed identical readings when tested, and great price:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-AQU...2749.l2649

The TC420 light controller was another great buy, finally got to grips with programming it! I re-wired the LED lightbar I also bought from ebay, now I can control both rows of white and the row of Red/Green/Blue ones independently. I now have sunrise/sunset and daylight settings, all fading in & out, and timed perfectly every day, no more random switching on/off, plus the whites were too bright on the original lamp, now only reaching 60% at 'midday'  Big Grin .

So, the original tank and accessories may have only cost £55, bargain of the year, but the expenditure since is just over £400  Shock

I’ve very rarely had issues on eBay but had to report two sellers last week as I didn’t receive the goods and the two separate sellers didn’t respond at all to any of my messages! One of the items was never even marked as ‘dispatched’!  Dodgy  Thankfully eBay have refunded me for both but it’s odd and very annoying!! Hope you get it sorted!

Husband is wise to the ‘tank only cost so much’ now lol as he unfortunately remembers my last aquatic adventure and how much all the internal stuff cost!  Rolleyes 

Glad things are progressing well!  Smile
Love Han xxx

Shrimp tank has arrived...... but empty at the moment!  Smile xx
Thanks given by:
I bought the stuff off House of Muppet direct from their website. The payment went to a bloke called Vaughn something, not the business name...looks a bit dodgy, at least Paypal should sort it out.
I keep a diary of both my tanks, all the purchases are listed at the front, its a shock when you tally it up! I got boxes of accessories and meds, food etc with the £55 set up, I've sold the tank ornaments and some of the pumps and filters and got my initial outlay back, plus I've still got a £30 carton of Stresszyme + that's unopened amongst the stuff I've kept. Had I bought all this new, I'd be looking at £1500 worth! My 160l set up cost me £85, that came with extras, would have been another £700 minimum....I just couldn't have bought 2 amazing tanks and equipment from new Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like jacksdad's post:
  • Hanlou, Ric
Thanks given by:
Finally got my refund! All sorted now, just need to find an alternative high protein Cory food, anyone got a favourite that's still available? Smile
Been working until an hour ago, tomorrow I'm going to buy some honey gourami, then collecting the neons off Si, that will just about fill both my tanks. Now I'm thinking of a small shrimp tank next.....
[-] The following 2 users Like jacksdad's post:
  • Hanlou, plankton
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2019, 11:09 PM)jacksdad Wrote: Finally got my refund! All sorted now, just need to find an alternative high protein Cory food, anyone got a favourite that's still available? Smile
Been working until an hour ago, tomorrow I'm going to buy some honey gourami, then collecting the neons off Si, that will just about fill both my tanks. Now I'm thinking of a small shrimp tank next.....

I may have some yellow female honey gourami for sale. And usually have some crystal red shrimp available too...
Thanks given by: