This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Introduction
Last Post: Markc
Today 06:32 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 102
where members live
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:46 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 84
Stephen's 600L tank log:
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 5220
Newman
Last Post: Jen1981
Today 12:00 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 289
Phantom tetras
Last Post: John Arnold
Yesterday 10:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jens Tanks
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 10:26 PM
» Replies: 50
» Views: 939
Smelly Wood
Last Post: Sixo
Yesterday 10:19 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
Hello from wilts
Last Post: Ba15
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 82
Dwarf Gourami - Help
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:35 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 38
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: lunar jetman
Yesterday 09:34 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 861
grommit's (Brian)
Last Post: grommit
Yesterday 09:29 PM
» Replies: 224
» Views: 5742
Bullying Platys
Last Post: Gill
Yesterday 09:17 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 99
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 08:57 PM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 1300
Zora’s Domain
Last Post: Annie
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 199
Spies Tank
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 08:41 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 122

Made the switch
Hello people.

I've come here from the 'old' site (You know the one). Wondered where everyone had gone, but wasn't getting email notifications! Doh!

My current set ups are:

574L Community tropical planted aquarium, 6ft 8" long. Cardinal tetras, sterbai cory, honey gourami, L397 panaqolus, balloon ram, golden ancistrus, malaysian trumpet snails.

100L Crystal red shrimp tank 3ft long

65L Breeding/ raising tank 2ft long (currently stocked with baby goldfish from the pond)

Large plastic tub outside, currently has goldfish fry from the pond

About a 6,000L pond - 20 goldfish and one rehomed koi. 

Been into fish about 4 years maybe? Used to breed geckos (hence the name), also kept most pets in the past, cats, rabbits, hamsters, mice, budgies, finches, etc. 

Now just have the above aquatics, plus a grumpy ragdoll cat. 

Hope this forum is as good as the old one used to be  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Si4geckos's post:
  • BalloonMolly, Gingerlove05
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome. That’s an impressive setup (not jealous at all!!)

I’ve never been on the ‘old’ site but I’ve been on many others and this is the nicest and friendliest Big Grin
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank Smile
12L The Startank Aquaprise - Decommissioned Sad
200L The Barbarium….Green Tiger Barbs and Nerite snails
20L Nano Marine.....stocking in progress!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheltgirl's post:
  • chris.tinker
Thanks given by:
welcome to Smile

I'm sure it will be better Tongue We have friendly, familiar moderators who do a wonderful job and everything is kept up to date and faults fixed quickly ( except the attachments, they are being a pain at the moment ! )
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the site. Wow, busy busy at your place ! It’s a great site, lots of friendly advice and experience, found it very useful as just started fishkeeping in Dec last year.
If you get chance would love to see some of your tanks, they all sound amazing, we love pics here Wink and we have plenty of cat and other furry critter lovers here too. 🥰
Enjoy the forum.
Bikini Bottom - 168l - community
The Kremlin - 58l - Shrimp and Cory 
Thanks given by:
Hi Si, looking forward to pics of the tank(s) and pond.... Big Grin
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2019, 12:08 PM)plankton Wrote: Hi Si, looking forward to pics of the tank(s) and pond.... Big Grin

Hi Ian,

Thought (hoped) I might find you here. Are you continuing on here instead of the other one then?

Thought you may have given up entirely from your post.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2019, 11:16 AM)Annie Wrote: Hello and welcome to the site. Wow, busy busy at your place ! It’s a great site, lots of friendly advice and experience, found it very useful as just started fishkeeping in Dec last year.
If you get chance would love to see some of your tanks, they all sound amazing, we love pics here Wink and we have plenty of cat and other furry critter lovers here too. 🥰
Enjoy the forum.

Busy it is! Loving it though.

I've seen there's problems with attachments, but I'll get pix up ASAP. Is there a tank log section?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si4geckos's post:
  • Annie
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2019, 10:50 AM)fr499y Wrote: welcome to Smile

I'm sure it will be better Tongue We have friendly, familiar moderators who do a wonderful job and everything is kept up to date and faults fixed quickly ( except the attachments, they are being a pain at the moment ! )

Thank you.

Does that mean uploading pix is a challenge at the mo?
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2019, 10:47 AM)Cheltgirl Wrote: Hello and welcome. That’s an impressive setup (not jealous at all!!)

I’ve never been on the ‘old’ site but I’ve been on many others and this is the nicest and friendliest Big Grin
Thank you.

I'm gonna guess you have a 6ft goldfish tank? How many have you got in there? Any pix anywhere? I only recently got goldfish (about 3 months ago) for the pond and thinking of getting some inside, but the ponds ones I've got are HUGE! Don't think i'd get more than 4/5 in my big tank at their current size. Currently have 8ish in a fry tank upstairs as I believe they change colour from brown to orange/ white, etc as they age. Thought it'd be fun to watch... 
Thanks given by:
It’s a 5ft tank. I have 13 fancy goldies in there (a tad overstocked) they don’t get as big as the standard non fancy goldies who do get properly big!! If you go to the What’s happening in your tank section. You’ll find most logs. Mines there’s somewhere Smile
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank Smile
12L The Startank Aquaprise - Decommissioned Sad
200L The Barbarium….Green Tiger Barbs and Nerite snails
20L Nano Marine.....stocking in progress!
Thanks given by: