This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
where members live
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:46 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 82
Stephen's 600L tank log:
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 5217
Newman
Last Post: Jen1981
Today 12:00 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 287
Phantom tetras
Last Post: John Arnold
Yesterday 10:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Jens Tanks
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 10:26 PM
» Replies: 50
» Views: 938
Smelly Wood
Last Post: Sixo
Yesterday 10:19 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
Hello from wilts
Last Post: Ba15
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 81
Dwarf Gourami - Help
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:35 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 38
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: lunar jetman
Yesterday 09:34 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 859
grommit's (Brian)
Last Post: grommit
Yesterday 09:29 PM
» Replies: 224
» Views: 5741
Bullying Platys
Last Post: Gill
Yesterday 09:17 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 99
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 08:57 PM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 1300
Zora’s Domain
Last Post: Annie
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 195
Spies Tank
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 08:41 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 121
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 08:33 PM
» Replies: 737
» Views: 50851

Lunar's new tank
So after my belated welcome post https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/showthr...p?tid=1511 I am starting a log thread to show the setup of my new tank.

I've bought a brand new Seabray 48"x18"x24" with cabinet. I was expecting it to arrive within 20-30 days but was contacted by the manufacturer and it was delivered within 10 days which was a welcome surprise although provided its own headaches!

I had two choices, one was to site it where the old one was and the other was to put it in a new location in the front room where a 2.5m bookshelf sat which would need reorganising, removing and dismantling. Both options needed a bit of work but I (well we if you include my wife!) decided that it would be easier to put it in a new location so both tanks were running at the same time so the contents could be swapped over more easier.

Ok so the day of the delivery came and the very helpful delivery men unpacked and sited the aquarium and cabinet for me.

Cabinet in first:

[Image: rm5juJxl.jpg]

Then the tank (sofa moved back in place Smile 

[Image: f8471YWl.jpg]
311l 48x18x22
[Image: kBfpOAbl.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like lunar jetman's post:
  • Annie, chris.tinker, Jen1981, plankton
Thanks given by:
I look forward to reading your log. Smile
6 foot (600L) South America Rio Guaporé theme.

7 x Biotodoma cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 18 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 30 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 18 x Corydoras Sterbai, 12 x Corydoras caudimaculatus, 9 x Otocinclus sp.

My Flickr page
Thanks given by:
Substrate wise, I wanted to add something that would help the plants so found some Tetra complete on eBay that was reasonably priced.

[Image: DsrFHKNl.jpg]

Also had a bag of this to cap off the plant nutrients.

[Image: ikTFQFzl.jpg]

I used the blue background from my old tank and had some bogwood roots that I'd bought recently, intending to put them in my old tank before the leakage issue. I'd put the wood in before finishing the substrate to build it up around it.

[Image: mIEVpItl.jpg]
311l 48x18x22
[-] The following 2 users Like lunar jetman's post:
  • Annie, Baddams
Thanks given by:
I also got some sand which i wanted to try again. Used it in a tank a few years ago but not had any for a while so fancied a change.

[Image: aqua-range-aqua-substrate-pewter-sand.png]
311l 48x18x22
Thanks given by:
I'd washed the Manado and then the sand so it wasn't that easy to put where I wanted it so I put some water in the tank, added more sand and then filled up with more water. I also put a couple of rocks in.

I also added my heater to help bring the water up to temperature and the twin lights from my older tank. The wood was a little too buoyant so I tied it together with some string to help it stay down and added a rock at the front which also helped. 

[Image: NPOWH5fl.jpg]
311l 48x18x22
[-] The following 3 users Like lunar jetman's post:
  • Gingerlove05, Netsu, plankton
Thanks given by:
The filter I also chose was the Fluval FX4. It gives a very good turnover of water and is a piece of equipment I've wanted for a while. My old tank's cabinet was too small to fit it though.

[Image: 0JbFFGIl.jpg]

However, upon opening the box I discovered that the lid of the filter had a chip in it. I've reported this to Maidenhead Aquatics where I bought it from but made the decision to use it since it was only cosmetic damage and doesn't affect the running of the filter. It's still water tight.

[Image: AIe0EfFl.jpg]
311l 48x18x22
Thanks given by:
Promising start, I used that Tetra substrate on a Juwel 240 and the plants shot up. Wood looks ideal for a bit of small anubias or some moss added. Brucephelandra would look good as its very slow growing and doesnt get too big. Surprised at the chip off the FX, those units are very well put together and their QC seems very good usually.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2019, 03:17 PM)KevB Wrote: Promising start, I used that Tetra substrate on a Juwel 240 and the plants shot up. Wood looks ideal for a bit of small anubias or some moss added. Brucephelandra would look good as its very slow growing and doesnt get too big.

Thanks. I've got some moss coming that I plan to put over the string to both cover it and improve it aesthetically. Anubais or Brucephelandra might also enhance it too, thanks for the suggestion.
311l 48x18x22
Thanks given by:
Added some of the plants from my old tank

[Image: ptZloztl.jpg]
311l 48x18x22
[-] The following 5 users Like lunar jetman's post:
  • Annie, Jen1981, plankton, Redders, Ric
Thanks given by:
That’s a great start. The FX series filters are very good. I love my FX6. Water changes are now a doddle Big Grin
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank Smile
12L The Startank Aquaprise - Decommissioned Sad
200L The Barbarium….Green Tiger Barbs and Nerite snails
20L Nano Marine.....stocking in progress!
Thanks given by: