This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Greetings from Manchester
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:17 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 16
Brown & toilet paper like bits!
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:14 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 29
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: Colin Whitworth
Yesterday 10:38 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1806
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: KevB
Yesterday 09:36 PM
» Replies: 462
» Views: 41500
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: debiharry
Yesterday 09:26 PM
» Replies: 883
» Views: 39726
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1783
» Views: 267437
Little project
Last Post: Mark_Wood
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 410
High nitrites during cycle
Last Post: DrHouse
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Betta + tetra feeding.. How?
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 67
Han's Shrimpy Scape!
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 425
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Yesterday 06:58 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 5697
Going bigger
Last Post: piker
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1397
Angelfish "experts" re sick Manacapuru
Last Post: Alex34
Yesterday 06:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 125
One of my danios is missing
Last Post: jacksdad
Yesterday 05:46 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Wiggles tank
Last Post: Wiggles
Yesterday 05:18 PM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 1799

where members live
would it not be a good idea to put the town we live in in the profile, if they had a problem we could work out what sort of water they have, our if they were local we could offer to go round and help, when I first started I wold have loved it if someone could have came round and give me advise and maybe help with set up.
Thanks given by:
Yup! not many people like to fill it in though Smile I actually forgot it was there *Hides*
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2019, 12:51 PM)dinofred1 Wrote: would it not be a good idea to put the town we live in in the profile, if they had a problem we could work out what sort of water they have, our if they were local we could offer to go round and help.

Great idea Fred but some do not like others to know their location (that baffles me).
I live in Hereford, famous for the cattle, home of the SAS and the world capital of cider production.  Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2019, 07:43 PM)Stephen Wrote:
(23-08-2019, 12:51 PM)dinofred1 Wrote: would it not be a good idea to put the town we live in in the profile, if they had a problem we could work out what sort of water they have, our if they were local we could offer to go round and help.

Great idea Fred but some do not like others to know their location (that baffles me).
I live in Hereford, famous for the cattle, home of the SAS and the world capital of cider production.  Smile

Isn’t there a location section on users profiles so just fill that in Smile I’ve just done it.
311l 48x18x22

[Image: YhXwIjol.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lunar jetman Wrote:Isn’t there a location section on users profiles so just fill that in Smile I’ve just done it.

There is. Smile
Thanks given by:
I think it would be very helpful for a variety of reasons, but I can also understand why there may be some reluctance to divulge this information for some people. I live in the western suburbs of Hull- City of Culture, home to The Deep.  Wink
Liz
Juwel Vision 180 L
1 Clown Loach
4 Bristle Nose Plecs
4 Corydoras
6 Glass Catfish
1 Siamese Algae Eater
4 Kuhli Loach
Artificial Plants (too much algae to cope with live plants)
External filter Eheim Ecco 300
Internal filter Eheim Pickup 60
Air pump/ air stone.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2019, 09:18 AM)Europa Wrote: I think it would be very helpful for a variety of reasons, but I can also understand why there may be some reluctance to divulge this information for some people. I live in the western suburbs of Hull- City of Culture, home to The Deep.  Wink
Liz

I've been living in London for the past 27 years but before then I spent a year studying in your home town, Liz. Lived in Hutt Street, off Springbank. There used to be a Safeways and every Saturday late afternoon us poor students would go in and buy the reduced priced food stuff...

That was before Hull became all posh and well before The Deep. Haven't been back, admittedly. A friend from uni, though, visited Hull a couple of years ago and said how much it had changed - buildings gone and road layout changed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ric's post:
  • Europa
Thanks given by:
It certainly has changed Ric. In fact it's undergone an almost complete metamorphosis! I think the city centre is lovely now, with dancing fountains, light displays, mirror pools etc etc. Unfortunately this is counterbalanced by more than our fair share of boarded up shops along what was once a thriving high street, and spice-heads rolling about the place frightening people. I have lived here for over 50 years, but I'm from London originally. I'm a Fulham girl  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Liz
Juwel Vision 180 L
1 Clown Loach
4 Bristle Nose Plecs
4 Corydoras
6 Glass Catfish
1 Siamese Algae Eater
4 Kuhli Loach
Artificial Plants (too much algae to cope with live plants)
External filter Eheim Ecco 300
Internal filter Eheim Pickup 60
Air pump/ air stone.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2019, 04:30 PM)Europa Wrote: It certainly has changed Ric. In fact it's undergone an almost complete metamorphosis! I think the city centre is lovely now, with dancing fountains, light displays, mirror pools etc etc. Unfortunately this is counterbalanced by more than our fair share of boarded up shops along what was once a thriving high street, and spice-heads rolling about the place frightening people. I have lived here for over 50 years, but I'm from London originally. I'm a Fulham girl  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Liz

I've heard my favourite part, the old indoor market, has been knocked down and redeveloped. Even back then there were areas that were run down but still had cheap shops - second hand furniture, low cost supermarkets etc - and then the new shopping centre Princess Quay. Well, the only constant is change.  Currently I'm a Kentish Town resident  Smile  - used to be the poor neighbour to hip&happening Camden, now has more of a laid-back, indie-shops vibe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ric's post:
  • Europa
Thanks given by:
I’ve just moved home after 2 and a half years living in London and working near Camden.
Loved the nightlife there, loads of great bands in The Monarch and other pubs.

Back home now in-between Eastleigh and Winchester. No more weekend dad, more of a dad and husband whilst working closer to home.

I’m from Grimsby originally. Cue the “codhead” shouts... left home at 16 to join the RAF. Visit the family up there a few times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
———————————————————————————
Juwel Rio 450
New World Cichlids
Remainder from closed down tank
Overstocked but happy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redders's post:
  • Ric
Thanks given by:
I live in Norwich , Norfolk I can read and write and I dont drive a tractor

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like Marty.h's post:
  • plankton, Ric
Thanks given by:
Marty.h Wrote:I live in Norwich , Norfolk I can read and write and I dont drive a tractor

rofl   rofl   rofl
Thanks given by: