This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
want to do a plant pot thing acros the back of the...
Last Post: yorkiejeff
Today 05:45 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 541
New friends and background
Last Post: Nick Jarvis
Today 12:31 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 56
I.D please
Today 12:26 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
hi all am new to this just joined as stephen reffe...
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:52 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 34
Hi All!!
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 11:42 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 58
New used project
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 11:31 PM
» Replies: 45
» Views: 1136
Is my fish full of eggs or just overweight?
Yesterday 11:26 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 226
New Video of shoaling fish
Yesterday 11:11 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 81
NAME THAT FISH - GAME
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Yesterday 11:00 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 131
Return To The Vale!odrome
Last Post: Sarah
Yesterday 10:17 PM
» Replies: 213
» Views: 4899
Fostering/Adopting a dog.
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 09:23 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 625
Cheltgirl’s Sooperhooge Goldie Tank and The Barbar...
Last Post: Cheltgirl
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 524
» Views: 16019
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Yesterday 07:46 PM
» Replies: 772
» Views: 52845
Betta Cube - WIP
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 07:45 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1488
Nicks tanks.
Yesterday 07:42 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 396

Wiggles tank
So starting a thread here to post my progress.

Currently 2 days old so still in first cycle from bottled bacteria.

Bought 2nd hand came as cabinet, tank (3ft around 110-120L), in tank filter and heater.

So far I replaced the heater for a 200W and the in tank filter for a fluval 207 external.

All fake plants currently and some sand for the substrate (might need a bit more?)

Unsure on exactly what fish will end up in there as currently still doing my research

[Image: PSqFLY3l.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Wiggles's post:
  • Annie, Gingerlove05, Jen1981, Rdel, Stevieglasgow
Thanks given by:
Exciting times.

The tank looks quite a bit bigger than a 3-footer in the pic.  Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice, the sand looks like there's enough from the pic, I never have it very deep, certainly never more than 2". Smile
If you're using the "bacteria-in-a-bottle", then you either need fish in there at some point (as per instructions) or use no more than 1ppm of ammonia. Otherwise, it's a waste of time (and money). Wink
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
Thanks the space between the chimney and the wall is exactly 1M so 3ft (91cm) is about a perfect fit.

Unfortunately the filter isn't... I tested that it would fit in the cabinet before setting the hoses up etc then realised once the valve was clipped into the top it was too tall so ended up moving the whole thing (not ideal when it's full!) Away from the wall so the filter is on the floor behind the cabinet and I can access it though the back of the cabinet.

Currently looking for some amonia to gets things started
Thanks given by:
Looks great, what are your plans for fish stocking once it’s ready ? Exciting times Smile
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
Thanks given by:
Not decided yet as still lots to learn and plenty of things I have wanted aren't suitable etc.

Looking at something along the lines of a few Rams or small cichlids, maybe some honey grourami and then some smaller fish to go with them and also some kind of catfish for the bottom.
Thanks given by:
Looking good so far Smile
6 foot (600L) South America Rio Guaporé theme.

7 x Biotodoma cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 18 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 30 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 18 x Corydoras Sterbai, 12 x Corydoras caudimaculatus, 9 x Otocinclus sp.

My Flickr page
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2019, 06:18 PM)Wiggles Wrote: Not decided yet as still lots to learn and plenty of things I have wanted aren't suitable etc.

Looking at something along the lines of a few Rams or small cichlids, maybe some honey grourami and then some smaller fish to go with them and also some kind of catfish for the bottom.

Be aware that if you have a pair of Kribs or Apistogramma then Corydoras and other bottom dwelling catfish can be a bad idea - they’re too stupid to stay out of the way of the breeding pair and can get injured. Rams tend to be better, but I’d still avoid a pair with catfish
Thanks given by: Wiggles
Ordered some amonia solution and the API master test kit last night so ready to start the cycle properly once they get here.

Water is now nice and clear (was a bit cloudy for the first few days with the new filter)

I'm looking at changing the top layer of the filter as the fluval came with carbon which I believe is good for removing impurities but is fairly short lived? So I guess it will have helped absorbing anything from the sand and plastic plants so I can replace it with something better at holding bacteria growth now.
Thanks given by:
Yeah carbon is mostly useful for removing meds and tannins. It only lasts about 6 weeks. I’ve not used it in my filters for years Big Grin
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by: