This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Greetings from Manchester
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:17 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 15
Brown & toilet paper like bits!
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:14 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 27
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: Colin Whitworth
Yesterday 10:38 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1804
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: KevB
Yesterday 09:36 PM
» Replies: 462
» Views: 41500
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: debiharry
Yesterday 09:26 PM
» Replies: 883
» Views: 39726
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1783
» Views: 267428
Little project
Last Post: Mark_Wood
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 408
High nitrites during cycle
Last Post: DrHouse
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Betta + tetra feeding.. How?
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 63
Han's Shrimpy Scape!
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 420
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Yesterday 06:58 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 5696
Going bigger
Last Post: piker
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1397
Angelfish "experts" re sick Manacapuru
Last Post: Alex34
Yesterday 06:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 125
One of my danios is missing
Last Post: jacksdad
Yesterday 05:46 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Wiggles tank
Last Post: Wiggles
Yesterday 05:18 PM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 1799

Is my fish full of eggs or just overweight?
Brick 
I have this danio which has a bulging belly (see pic, I tried to attach) Been like that about 4 weeks. Is it full of eggs or overweight? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Hi Maz, to attach a photo you need to click the imgur button on the left then wait for the link to appear the you can post 😀
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jen1981's post:
  • Maz
Thanks given by: Maz
[Image: IV3UvwSl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry it's not very clear, but the bulge is quite prominent.
Thanks given by:
[Image: rD0i1ckl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Doesn't look quite right to me, maybe dropsy or something? I'm sure the peeps on here will let us know soon! I have 9 zebra danios, they are great to watch, love them Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes jacksdad's post:
  • Maz
(21-09-2019, 09:51 PM)jacksdad Wrote: Doesn't look quite right to me, maybe dropsy or something? I'm sure the peeps on here will let us know soon! I have 9 zebra danios, they are great to watch, love them Smile
Oh no, if it is dropsy, it it treatable? Is it contagious?
Thanks given by:
Like I said it may not be! I remember seeing a similar picture and that was the answer. If it is, I'm sure its treatable same with most illness
[-] The following 1 user Likes jacksdad's post:
  • Maz
What other fish do you have in the tank? Looks more like a live bearer with that belly, in all seriousness though hopefully treatable.
How long have you had them?
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
Thanks given by:
Had them about 6 weeks. The other fish are white cloud mountain minnows and some small orangy/yellow fish whose name escapes me. All the fish, including the bloated one seem happy enough. I do weekly treated water changes about 50%.
[Image: xD6uZDul.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do the scales stick out like they’re spikey looking, that can be a sign of dropsy? I’ve never kept danios to be honest so someone with more knowledge on them will help further 😀
Have you had all the fish for 6 weeks or just the danios?
Sorry for all the questions 😀
Thanks given by:
There’s a couple of fish there that look a bit overweight/full as the bulge looks towards the front. I would give them a couple of starve days then maybe feed a blanched pea. I usually do this by putting a pea in a cup with some hot/boiling water and microwaving it for 30sec-1min, then deshell and feed the fish the mush inside. This might help with the bloating and is good practice to do every now and again.
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 2 users Like Gingerlove05's post:
  • Maz, Ric
P.s. No "pine coning" either, just looks bloated.
And the yellowish/orange fish I referred to earlier, are also danios, I've been told.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2019, 12:41 AM)Gingerlove05 Wrote: There’s a couple of fish there that look a bit overweight/full as the bulge looks towards the front. I would give them a couple of starve days then maybe feed a blanched pea. I usually do this by putting a pea in a cup with some hot/boiling water and microwaving it for 30sec-1min, then deshell and feed the fish the mush inside. This might help with the bloating and is good practice to do every now and again.
Thanks, I have 8 fish in the tank. Should I just feed them 1 pea? Is that their food for the day?
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2019, 11:46 PM)Jen1981 Wrote: Do the scales stick out like they’re spikey looking, that can be a sign of dropsy? I’ve never kept danios to be honest so someone with more knowledge on them will help further 😀
Have you had all the fish for 6 weeks or just the danios?
Sorry for all the questions 😀
No, there's no pine-coning, just bloated. All fish bought at same time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maz's post:
  • Jen1981
Thanks given by: