This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Greetings from Manchester
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:17 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 15
Brown & toilet paper like bits!
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:14 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 28
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: Colin Whitworth
Yesterday 10:38 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1804
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: KevB
Yesterday 09:36 PM
» Replies: 462
» Views: 41500
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: debiharry
Yesterday 09:26 PM
» Replies: 883
» Views: 39726
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1783
» Views: 267431
Little project
Last Post: Mark_Wood
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 408
High nitrites during cycle
Last Post: DrHouse
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Betta + tetra feeding.. How?
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 67
Han's Shrimpy Scape!
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 420
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Yesterday 06:58 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 5697
Going bigger
Last Post: piker
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1397
Angelfish "experts" re sick Manacapuru
Last Post: Alex34
Yesterday 06:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 125
One of my danios is missing
Last Post: jacksdad
Yesterday 05:46 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Wiggles tank
Last Post: Wiggles
Yesterday 05:18 PM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 1799

New friends and background
Hi,

Just thought I'd share some photos of new fish friends

2 yellow convicts (cryptoheros nanoluteus), from the limited research online and my lfs they are very peaceful, apart from breeding which they just get protective, I do think I have 2 females so should be all good, and they're nothing like the black convict 

Also got 2 red honey gouramis, I'm going to keep a close eye on them but they're still juvies so should grow up nicely all together

[Image: DZob9fHl.jpg][Image: UOJnpZpl.jpg][Image: RsE1uw6l.jpg][Image: ZOsctEPl.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like Haddocknchips's post:
  • Annie, Baddams, Cheltgirl, Gingerlove05, Jen1981, plankton, Ric, Stevieglasgow
Thanks given by:
Very lovely fish
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jen1981's post:
  • Haddocknchips
Thanks given by:
Nice looking fish. Don't know anything about those so please keep us updated how they get on with the others as they grow up.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ric's post:
  • Haddocknchips
Thanks given by:
I'll definitely keep you updated, I've managed to sex them now, the female has a black spot on dorsal fin and male doesn't so I have 1 of each, theyve been interacting with all the other fish but they are very shy, trying to get photos and they quickly vanish, hopefully once they settle I'll get some nice pics
Thanks given by:
Nice, this is my nanoluteus. [Image: ysOKiael.jpg]
300ltr loose Central American themed (semi aggressive)
125ltr Cory and friends (peaceful)
https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/showthr...p?tid=1765
[-] The following 5 users Like Nick Jarvis's post:
  • Annie, Baddams, Gingerlove05, Haddocknchips, Ric
Thanks given by:
[Image: DZob9fHl.jpg]

Tank looks good but I would add some additional décor such as rocks or bogwood to make it a bit more interesting, especially for the fish.

All the best
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stephen's post:
  • Haddocknchips
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2019, 08:29 AM)Stephen Wrote: [Image: DZob9fHl.jpg]

Tank looks good but I would add some additional décor such as rocks or bogwood to make it a bit more interesting, especially for the fish.

All the best

Thanks,
I did have rocks and bogwood in there but even after a few months of soaking it still leaked tannins and the rocks made my water very hard, went up to 21gh it's now settled at 11gh, I've been looking for some nice artificial cave like thing to put in but haven't found anything I like.

Any ideas on wood that won't leak into tank? I do want wood in there but don't want the brown water 

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2019, 12:31 AM)Nick Jarvis Wrote: Nice, this is my nanoluteus. [Image: ysOKiael.jpg]

Lovely fish, can't wait for mine to grow a little, it's nice to see someone else has some too  Smile
Thanks given by:
Haddocknchips Wrote:
Stephen Wrote:[Image: DZob9fHl.jpg]

All the best

Thanks,
I did have rocks and bogwood in there but even after a few months of soaking it still leaked tannins and the rocks made my water very hard, went up to 21gh it's now settled at 11gh, I've been looking for some nice artificial cave like thing to put in but haven't found anything I like.

Any ideas on wood that won't leak into tank? I do want wood in there but don't want the brown water 

Thanks

If you get "inert" rocks such as slate, granite or even lava rock they won't change the water.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stephen's post:
  • Haddocknchips
Thanks given by: