This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Greetings from Manchester
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:17 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 16
Brown & toilet paper like bits!
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:14 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 29
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: Colin Whitworth
Yesterday 10:38 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1806
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: KevB
Yesterday 09:36 PM
» Replies: 462
» Views: 41501
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: debiharry
Yesterday 09:26 PM
» Replies: 883
» Views: 39726
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1783
» Views: 267438
Little project
Last Post: Mark_Wood
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 410
High nitrites during cycle
Last Post: DrHouse
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Betta + tetra feeding.. How?
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 67
Han's Shrimpy Scape!
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 425
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Yesterday 06:58 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 5697
Going bigger
Last Post: piker
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1397
Angelfish "experts" re sick Manacapuru
Last Post: Alex34
Yesterday 06:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 125
One of my danios is missing
Last Post: jacksdad
Yesterday 05:46 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Wiggles tank
Last Post: Wiggles
Yesterday 05:18 PM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 1799

Now a sick gourami
I really need help as slowly all my fish seem to be getting ill, this time it's one of my gourami. Her tickle arm has gone, part of her tail fin is missing, her side fin on one side doesn't seem to work properly. She has lost her bright colouring, her partner is fine. Iv been putting meds in for my other sick fish. But this illness has come out of the blue. I feel abit overwhelmed with it all [Image: 0NUnj6Wl.jpg]
[Image: B0fgV4il.jpg]
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
2 honey gouramis (barry and paul)
4 neons
3 black tetras
3 mollys (dobby, DC, buckbeak)
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
[Image: jw0G1egl.jpg][Image: EO3J68Rl.jpg]
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
4 neons
3 black tetras
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
Oh so sorry to hear that, it’s hard when there’s an issue, can I ask what type of treatments, if any you have tried in the tank?
Are the neons & molly any better?
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
Thanks given by:
Iv used anti internal bacteria from interpet, and melafix. The neons are no better, and nor the molly
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
4 neons
3 black tetras
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
Oh I am sorry to read this Sad
Did your water test results come back OK , hopefully one of the more experience members will be along to assist
Fingers crossed all well soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze, Peppered  & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2019, 05:57 PM)Annie Wrote: Oh I am sorry to read this Sad
Did your water test results come back OK , hopefully one of the more experience members will be along to assist
Fingers crossed all well soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Yep the water came back fine, wish I knew what was going on with them
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
4 neons
3 black tetras
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
That’s good on the water, yes and you just want to know what’s going on.
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze, Peppered  & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
Thanks given by:
My only thought with the honey gourami would be the water, whether it’s hard or soft as they are soft water & not sure if it would cause the issues in the picture. Wish I could help more I really do, hopefully someone be along soon with some more help!!
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
Thanks given by:
You might have to do a large water change and change meds to something stronger. Waterlife myaxzin is one i think is a bit stronger and is effective.
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Certainly, with your gourami, I would guess along the lines of fin rot / cotton wool fungus (developing still?) etc so with her I do not think any internal bacteria treatment would help. Melafix to help with the sores should provide her with some ease. After that, finrot&fungus treatment perhaps?

(After my recent fungal disaster and still losing all the affected fish despite treatment - 2mollies, 2 corys - I would not hold too much hope for her, I have to say. Try, by all means, but just be prepared that you might lose her. She does seem quite badly affected all of a sudden. - I really hope you can prove me wrong.)
Thanks given by:
Are you half dosing the meds?
Labyrinth fish don't like meds, that's why you should always half dose.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2019, 08:17 AM)Ric Wrote: Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Certainly, with your gourami, I would guess along the lines of fin rot / cotton wool fungus (developing still?) etc so with her I do not think any internal bacteria treatment would help. Melafix to help with the sores should provide her with some ease. After that, finrot&fungus treatment perhaps?

(After my recent fungal disaster and still losing all the affected fish despite treatment - 2mollies, 2 corys - I would not hold too much hope for her, I have to say. Try, by all means, but just be prepared that you might lose her. She does seem quite badly affected all of a sudden. - I really hope you can prove me wrong.)
I don't hold much hope either to be honest. I feel terrible for not noticing sooner, but all the illnesses seem to be appearing so quickly I'm struggling to keep up. With what I'm supposed to be doing and not supposed to be doing.
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
4 neons
3 black tetras
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2019, 09:09 AM)plankton Wrote: Are you half dosing the meds?
Labyrinth fish don't like meds, that's why you should always half dose.
No iv not been half dosing, didn't no i was supposed to be
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
4 neons
3 black tetras
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2019, 01:03 AM)Gingerlove05 Wrote: You might have to do a large water change and change meds to something stronger. Waterlife myaxzin is one i think is a bit stronger and is effective.
Thank you will try a water change, I have ordered that medication, but it won't arrive till the end of next week, I'm not sure she'll make it that long, she doesn't look any worse today. But she also doesn't look better. How big of a water change should i be doing. And should I be doing it daily or stick to once a week like normal?
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
4 neons
3 black tetras
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Thanks given by:
When fish are ill it worth doing extra water changes to help keep the tank/water clean. When changing meds normally as big a change as you can manage, 50% is normally a good start as a lot of meds will dissipate in around 24-48hours. It just helps to prevent mixing meds which could cause other issues.
If your wanting to do a couple of extra changes to help keep the water fresh i would do 10-20% every couple of days.
And as Ian has said remember to half dose the meds with the gourami, as they can affect their labyrinth organ. You might have to continue the course (check the medication instructions for multiple/continued dosing) for a bit longer.
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gingerlove05's post:
  • ivybell
Thanks given by: