This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Greetings from Manchester
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:17 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 16
Brown & toilet paper like bits!
Last Post: Kapulot
Today 12:14 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 29
Lunar's new tank
Last Post: Colin Whitworth
Yesterday 10:38 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1806
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: KevB
Yesterday 09:36 PM
» Replies: 462
» Views: 41500
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: debiharry
Yesterday 09:26 PM
» Replies: 883
» Views: 39726
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1783
» Views: 267437
Little project
Last Post: Mark_Wood
Yesterday 08:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 410
High nitrites during cycle
Last Post: DrHouse
Yesterday 08:54 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Betta + tetra feeding.. How?
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 67
Han's Shrimpy Scape!
Last Post: Hanlou
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 425
Marty's tank log
Last Post: Marty.h
Yesterday 06:58 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 5697
Going bigger
Last Post: piker
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 67
» Views: 1397
Angelfish "experts" re sick Manacapuru
Last Post: Alex34
Yesterday 06:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 125
One of my danios is missing
Last Post: jacksdad
Yesterday 05:46 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Wiggles tank
Last Post: Wiggles
Yesterday 05:18 PM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 1799

Sick Dwarf Gourami
Hi all

I had not seen my Gourami for a few days and on hunting him out he is very sick. very red sore down onrside of him. Have been treating the tank for a week with half dose of anti fungus and white spot for anothetr fish. this hasnt helped the Gourami.[Image: iDKxy0Yl.jpg] I have to hand at the moment epsom salts, anti internal bacteria. melafix, anti ulcer and fin rot meds. I have also just set up a hospital tank, should I move hime to that.

160l Tank
nitrate 0
niytrite0
amonia0
temp 22
Thanks given by:
It might be worth moving him to the QT/hospital tank. I'm not sure i would recommend any meds other than maybe a half dose of melafix, although after being medicated for a week it might be worth giving him a break and keeping the QT clean with extra water changes.
The temp is also a little cool for him, might be worth raising it a degree or two to 23/24C.
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by:
thanks I will move him now. If he is still here tomorrow shall I put 1/2 dose of melafix in..
Thanks given by:
Oh, hope you get him all better soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze, Peppered  & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
Thanks given by: woodster
I would leave it a couple of days for him to get a break, the labyrinth organ really doesnt like medications which is why we suggest a half dose to help prevent issues, but its worth giving them a couple of days to in clean water to allow any meds to flush out before doing any more medication.
On another note do you know your water hardness?
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by:
I'd euthanise it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
..and me. Sad

That looks like the latter stages of the iridovirus known as "dwarf gourami disease".
Sorry Sad
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes plankton's post:
  • DoubleDutch
(10-10-2019, 08:01 PM)Gingerlove05 Wrote: I would leave it a couple of days for him to get a break, the labyrinth organ really doesnt like medications which is why we suggest a half dose to help prevent issues, but its worth giving them a couple of days to in clean water to allow any meds to flush out before doing any more medication.
On another note do you know your water hardness?
PH 7.4
Thanks given by:
Eeek that looks pretty deep and like its been growing for a while, I'd be tempted to euthanise as well as it must be suffering. I'd leave off the melafix, it's not going to help with that.
Small tank - 60L - 4 Iriatherina werneri, 2 Celestichthys erythromicron, 1 small Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Big tank - ~500L - 1 Mastacembelus erythrotaenia, 18 rainbows (Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi, Melanotaenia trifasciata, Melanotaenia boesemani)
[-] The following 1 user Likes F3l1ss's post:
  • Ric
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2019, 07:43 AM)DoubleDutch Wrote: I'd euthanise it.

could you please let me know how to do this. I have some clove oil. I want to do it correctly and there are so many different takes on how to do it on line. He is in a 12l hospital tank. Thanks. I have managed to find a post on here so here we go. Goodby Mr Red Sad
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2019, 03:05 PM)woodster Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 07:43 AM)DoubleDutch Wrote: I'd euthanise it.

could you please let me know how to do this. I have some clove oil. I want to do it correctly and there are so many different takes on how to do it on line. He is in a 12l hospital tank. Thanks. I have managed to find a post on here so here we go. Goodby Mr Red Sad
Mmmmm sorry you've no other choice.

Send from the other side of the North Sea
Thanks given by:
It’s not pleasant to have to euthanise your fish, but sometimes it’s a mercy, I’ve had to do it a couple of times now
Thanks given by:
Put the fish in a small container and slowly drop (do it one drop at a time rather than altogether) the clove oil in until he stops moving, then pop another 10 drops in.
Sorry you have to do this, it's never easy. Sad
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2019, 09:07 AM)plankton Wrote: Put the fish in a small container and slowly drop (do it one drop at a time rather than altogether) the clove oil in until he stops moving, then pop another 10 drops in.
Sorry you have to do this, it's never easy. Sad
Apologies for not answering the question.
I thought it was allready done !
Thanks Ian.

Send from the other side of the North Sea