This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Latest Threads
Hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum)
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Today 09:29 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 17
AqAdvisor Help?
Last Post: RazgrizPrime
Today 07:42 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 56
Operation Turtle Tank
Last Post: SpanishAnnie
Today 06:07 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 807
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 196
» Views: 4115
Moonlight
Today 11:15 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 94
Suse's planted Roma 240 litre
Last Post: wingnut55
Today 10:28 AM
» Replies: 474
» Views: 33696
Goldfish community tank?
Last Post: plankton
Today 09:05 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 138
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Yesterday 07:46 PM
» Replies: 1315
» Views: 86112
Sarah's tanks
Yesterday 04:38 PM
» Replies: 246
» Views: 21227
Freshwater puffers
Last Post: fr499y
Yesterday 12:06 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 266
PJN's Shrimp Project
Last Post: PJN
21-01-2019 07:38 PM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 10390
Ghost shrimp - can they eat fish?
21-01-2019 06:13 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 149
GL’s multiple tank log
Last Post: Jota
21-01-2019 02:18 PM
» Replies: 643
» Views: 41791
Lottie’s 60L
21-01-2019 11:31 AM
» Replies: 137
» Views: 7731
Lump on diamond tetra
21-01-2019 09:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 55

Juwel Rio 180 and custom lights
Hey everyone,

I have a question about this. I am currently using the aquatlantis easy led universal 2.0 in the back socket of the original Rio 180 lightsockets. The front one is off.

But I have a feeling its not good so im looking to possibly get the Fluval Plant 3.0 lights.

My question is would this fit on the rim of a Rio 180 with the extendable caps of that or any other light that would fit in the t5 tube sockets that the Rio 180 has by default that are good for a planted tank. 

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Superfish make "Retro LEDs" that fit in the Juwel T8s, and I believe they do similar for T5s.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2019, 06:23 PM)plankton Wrote: Superfish make "Retro LEDs" that fit in the Juwel T8s, and I believe they do similar for T5s.

Ooo I cringe with the name Superfish. There isnt anything else aa an option? Id rather invest in something good. I spent 300 euro on these Aquatlantis Easy LED Universal 2.0 and I kinda feel like I got ripped off..no info about them on any forum or w-e Sad

Anything known like Fluval would be cool but idk if thats mountable on a tank with a rim like the Juwels.
Thanks given by:
I used a fluval plant 2.0 on a rio 240, roma 240, and a couple of rimless tanks. Smile

The aquatlantis LED's are fine as long as you have the plant one and not the marine! Also, you would really need two in your tank.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2019, 09:36 AM)fr499y Wrote: I used a fluval plant 2.0 on a rio 240, roma 240, and a couple of rimless tanks. Smile

The aquatlantis LED's are fine as long as you have the plant one and not the marine! Also, you would really need two in your tank.

Ooo how did you mount it on the Rio? Does it work with just the mounting options the fluval comes with or how did you do it?

Yea I have the Aquatlantis Universal one so I guess that works? Right now I have it in the back socket but i slid the whole beam forward so nows in the middle above the water..just doesnt look very nice with the lids sticking out. Id rather get a fluval plant one then instead of another aquatlantis so im curious how you mounted it!

Do you have pics of em mounted maybe? ^^
Thanks given by:
Just the legs over the trim Smile do have some pics somewhere, let me have a look through Smile
Thanks given by:
Juwel make ther Helialux which is different from the standard light and it obviously fits.

https://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/Product...-Spectrum/
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2019, 11:04 AM)fr499y Wrote: Just the legs over the trim Smile do have some pics somewhere, let me have a look through Smile

(09-01-2019, 11:17 AM)Jota Wrote: Juwel make ther Helialux which is different from the standard light and it obviously fits.

https://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/Product...-Spectrum/

Great tips both of you! I was watching Cory's (Aquarium Co-op) review on the Fluval 3.0 and he is a big fan of them. So if you can put it on the rims with the extendable ends of the Fluval like @fr44gy mentions then I think I'll look into getting those!
Thanks given by:
If he's a reseller of their gear then I'd take that into consideration. Read as many reviews as you can of your narrowed down choices. Do you use CO2?
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2019, 02:17 PM)Jota Wrote: If he's a reseller of their gear then I'd take that into consideration. Read as many reviews as you can of your narrowed down choices. Do you use CO2?

Yea I was reading about the Fluvals on alot of forums.

I do use co2 yea. How come you ask?Smile
Thanks given by: