This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Sick oto
Last Post: Baddams
Today 11:12 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 40
Another new Tank
Last Post: ivybell
Today 11:08 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 1014
Nicks tanks.
Last Post: Nick Jarvis
Today 11:07 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 53
Betta Cube - WIP
Today 11:06 AM
» Replies: 55
» Views: 1173
Stephen's 600L tank log:
Today 11:03 AM
» Replies: 151
» Views: 6482
GL’s multiple tank log
Last Post: Gingerlove05
Today 11:00 AM
» Replies: 935
» Views: 77341
To shrimp or not to shrimp??
Today 10:57 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 70
Baddams's Feisty Fluval
Today 10:52 AM
» Replies: 93
» Views: 3177
Newbie Advice
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 12
want to do a plant pot thing acros the back of the...
Last Post: fr499y
Today 10:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 390
Jens Tanks
Last Post: Jen1981
Today 09:20 AM
» Replies: 177
» Views: 3365
Plank's Bristlenose pics
Last Post: plankton
Today 08:09 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 10643
Greetings.
Today 04:48 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 114
Eirmotus octozona
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 11:56 PM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 6913
PPB's 30l 'Dirty Frat Jungle' tank
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 11:11 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 69

Another hello, but from Spain
An absolute beginner. I rescued some gold fish eggs from our pond and put then in an old tank. From the originals I have 7 and decided to get a small aquarium. I bought a 60l tank kit and put them in and have started to plant it. Some of the plants are not doing too well, I'll post a question elsewhere. The gold fish are an experiment. They will be evicted later back into the pond. I think I'm going to go down the cold water route but not yet finally decided. I'm looking forward to learning more from you gurus and hope I can contribute something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mito's post:
  • Gill
Thanks given by:
Hi Mito,
Can’t help you with your Goldfish myself, but welcome, there are some lovely friendly Goldfish experts here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gill's post:
  • Mito
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome to the forum Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Mito Smile
Glad the goldies will be going back to the pond once they’ve grown, they get too big for most small tanks or suffer from stunted growth issues.
It is possible the goldies are eating the plants (they are known to Wink)

PS Annie is from Spain as well, wherever she’s hiding Big Grin
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gingerlove05's post:
  • Annie
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the site. I live in Spain too...originally from the UK, I’m a Yorkshire lassie hehe, now in Murcia region.
keep us posted with your progress Smile
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2019, 10:09 PM)Gingerlove05 Wrote: Hello and welcome Mito Smile
Glad the goldies will be going back to the pond once they’ve grown, they get too big for most small tanks or suffer from stunted growth issues.
It is possible the goldies are eating the plants (they are known to Wink)

PS Annie is from Spain as well, wherever she’s hiding Big Grin

Big Grin I’m here.....finally...  Had a day up in Benidorm with friends over for a little break..then out with my gang of girls for a weekly catch-up....must say a day out and it’s gone crazy on here lol
Bikini Bottom - 168l
Bronze & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry Barbs, Green Tiger Barb (rescues), Amanos.
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Annie's post:
  • Gingerlove05
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome.

How big have the babies got? As said above the plants may be getting eaten by the goldies. They are notorious for it.

Tell us more about your setup (or pictures, we like pictures) and we might be able to help.

Also glad to hear the babies will be going back into a pond. Far too many are kept in too small tanks so good on you Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank Smile
200L The Barbarium….Tiger barbs and a very grumpy BN plec
200L Marine Reef.....stocking in progress!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheltgirl's post:
  • Annie
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2019, 10:50 PM)Annie Wrote: Big Grin I’m here.....finally...  Had a day up in Benidorm with friends over for a little break..then out with my gang of girls for a weekly catch-up....must say a day out and it’s gone crazy on here lol

Rub it in why dont you! Big Grin Your daytripping in Benidorm while we trying to prepare for storm Gareth to hit us (the wind and rain have been a bit mad here).
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 2 users Like Gingerlove05's post:
  • Annie, Cheltgirl
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2019, 10:48 PM)Annie Wrote: Hello and welcome to the site. I live in Spain too...originally from the UK, I’m a Yorkshire lassie hehe, now in Murcia region.
keep us posted with your progress Smile

Thanks. I live half way between Alicante and Valencia, no not Benidorm! Moved from West Wales 30 years ago, now retired.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mito's post:
  • Annie
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2019, 11:21 PM)Gingerlove05 Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 10:50 PM)Annie Wrote: Big Grin I’m here.....finally...  Had a day up in Benidorm with friends over for a little break..then out with my gang of girls for a weekly catch-up....must say a day out and it’s gone crazy on here lol

Rub it in why dont you! Big Grin Your daytripping in Benidorm while we trying to prepare for storm Gareth to hit us (the wind and rain have been a bit mad here).

Oh no....I feel your pain  Tongue Take care !
Bikini Bottom - 168l
The Kremlin - 58l 
Bronze Corys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Annie's post:
  • Cheltgirl
Thanks given by: