This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Latest Threads
Decapsulated Artemia cysts
Last Post: black ghost
Today 03:29 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 38
Phantom bantam’s first tank Aqua Nano 40 (55litre)
Last Post: phantombantam
Today 03:26 PM
» Replies: 153
» Views: 6619
PJN's 135 Litre Mekong River
Last Post: Jota
Today 03:11 PM
» Replies: 701
» Views: 57419
Bog wood with plants
Last Post: fr499y
Today 02:46 PM
» Views: 44
Cheltgirl’s Sooperhooge Goldie Tank
Last Post: PJN
Today 02:46 PM
» Replies: 205
» Views: 4267
Rustic slate in fish tank, safe?
Last Post: PJN
Today 02:43 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 75
Fluval 240 lighting
Last Post: Pleco Fan
Today 01:59 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 38
Condensation on lights
Last Post: fr499y
Today 01:20 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 60
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Last Post: Annie
Today 12:05 PM
» Replies: 531
» Views: 15088
hydra1000 filter
Last Post: Davo 1967
Today 10:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 30
The F Bomb (Food)
Last Post: Annie
Today 09:17 AM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 1881
Adding liquid CO2
Last Post: Pleco Fan
Yesterday 09:05 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 384
wild plec vids
Last Post: DoubleDutch
Yesterday 08:55 PM
» Views: 86
External filter risk!
Last Post: Mossyboy
Yesterday 08:23 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 155
Going back to the first idea...
Last Post: MrC1989
Yesterday 07:03 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 242

Plant for nano background
I’ve added a pic as it’s easier than trying to explain but it’s as far as I’ve got with planning planting for the nano. There is led lighting (cheap so won’t be massively bright) and I can dose Easycarbo and Profito as that’s what I’m using for the other tanks.

Need something background in the 2 spot. Nothing too bushy as it’s a teeny tank. If it’s something that’ll grow out of the top and look pretty that’s fine!

Be gentle as I’m a total thicko when it comes to plants Smile

[Image: bc85beae21082791c34f00d94c100786.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
500L Goldfish tank containing 9 gorgeous goldies Smile
12L Pico/Nano currently empty but working on it!!
Thanks given by:
There’s a nice daffy that would be good there tee-hee Big Grin
Cool I’m a goofy goober  Cool
Thanks given by:
For a reasonably low light tank, you can't go wrong with a dwarf anubias.. Small piece of branching wood with 2 or 3 (or more) attached to the branches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toeknee's post:
  • Cheltgirl
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2019, 05:08 PM)Toeknee Wrote: For a reasonably low light tank, you can't go wrong with a dwarf anubias.. Small piece of branching wood with 2 or 3 (or more) attached to the branches.

I may use that as a backup plan. I am hoping for a stem type plant rather than something that grows on something (Anubias , java fern etc)

I will have a small pebble or 2 that I’m currently growing some algae on but other than those I’m hoping for plants only if at all possible.

Thanks given by:
Hygrophila 'Siamensis 53B' is stem plant with does well in a low tech tank enviroment.

I have Heteranthera Zosterifolia in a 30cm/30cm tank in the back rear corner. Its a fast grower but when it gets to surface it grows little blue flowers which I like.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stuaz's post:
  • Cheltgirl
Thanks given by:
The zosterifolia look really nice and flowers would be a bonus, that is definitely going in. I'm very tempted to use the siamensis in place of the mezianum as it has broader flatter leaves and I like the look of it.

Thanks Stuaz Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2019, 07:04 PM)Cheltgirl Wrote: The zosterifolia look really nice and flowers would be a bonus, that is definitely going in. I'm very tempted to use the siamensis in place of the mezianum as it has broader flatter leaves and I like the look of it.

Thanks Stuaz Smile
 The Siamensis 53B is another fast grower as well which is great for new tanks as it helps keep algae at bay.

What substrate are you having? If it was me I would maybe swap out the Sagitarria for some crypts, sag can grow tall in certain enviroments and also can spread all over. I have it in one tank on the left side and its not unsual for me to put out runners that have spread 10 cm to the other side!

For Crypts maybe something like Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green or Cryptocoryne Petchii or even Cryptocoryne Walkeri
Thanks given by:
Would the sag not be better at the back, with a space to feed the shrimp at the front? Wink
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2019, 09:48 AM)plankton Wrote: Would the sag not be better at the back, with a space to feed the shrimp at the front? Wink

Errr I dunno rofl would it? I thought it would stay fairly short at the front? I did read it can suddenly grow big but all the pics I see are of stumpy plants near the front!

Told you I was a plant thicko Big Grin

Thanks given by:
So am I, but I would have a feeding space to see the shrimp..... Wink Big Grin
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by: