How many times you feed your fish?

Food, feeding and diet.
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

I feed once a day, but I make sure I keep on top of water quality. I couldn’t bring myself to feed less - I’d worry that not everybody would get some and they would be sad 😢.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3424 times

Fish are random feeders in the wild, even gorging themselves sometimes when food is available easily.
I only feed once a day, I do try to feed every day for the corys, but that doesn't work if we're out, that's when they don't get fed.
Ruth
Posting Legend

Actually - I must add that I was advised by LFS guy who comes out to service the tank - you should def have a starve day every week. I do that too.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Ruth wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:07 am Actually - I must add that I was advised by LFS guy who comes out to service the tank - you should def have a starve day every week. I do that too.
You have ''a guy'' who services your tank? How ''posh'', Lady Ruth ;)
Ruth
Posting Legend

Ric wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:54 am
Ruth wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:07 am Actually - I must add that I was advised by LFS guy who comes out to service the tank - you should def have a starve day every week. I do that too.
😁 You don’t expect me to do it myself do you? I can’t reach!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤪
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Ruth wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:56 am
Ric wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:54 am
😁 You don’t expect me to do it myself do you? I can’t reach!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤪
..but its soo hard to get staff these days, what with trying to find a good gardener and the cook being in a strop ROFL ROFL
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

I feed the shrimp tank once or twice a day (either half the amount in the morning and half at night or all at once)
The zebra plec/ ram breeding tank 2/3 times a day (morning and just before lights out)
The swordtail fry tank about 3 times a day
The big community gets fed about 5 times a day. I have an auto feeder on the big tank that feeds 4 times a day small pinches of tiny pellets and then I feed flake and/or frozen foods like bloodworm, brine shrimp, etc once a day. I have sporadic 'starve' days for each tank and have to remember to take the auto feeder off the big tank when I do have a starve day. Feeding the big tank almost continuously means less aggression at 'one' feeding time and the pellets have more chance of getting to the bottom of the tank for the cories. Getting food past the congos and down to the floor is a challenge, nevermind the 30-40 cardinals, swordtails, etc.
Last Triumph
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 77 times

Twice a day here, 7 days a week - South American Cichlids, Golden Nugget, Synodontis

Midday they get pellets and wafers, some the traditional way and some down a funnel and feeding pipe that leads behind the rock work to ensure the shy fish and cats get some.

Before bed time, I then feed a couple of cubes of frozen food, typically blood worm and garlic brine shrimp.

I do 30-40% water changes once a week with Nitrates circa 30-40ppm maximum. Comes out the tap at about 5-10ppm.
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Last Triumph wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:47 pm Twice a day here, 7 days a week - South American Cichlids, Golden Nugget, Synodontis

Midday they get pellets and wafers, some the traditional way and some down a funnel and feeding pipe that leads behind the rock work to ensure the shy fish and cats get some.

Before bed time, I then feed a couple of cubes of frozen food, typically blood worm and garlic brine shrimp.

I do 30-40% water changes once a week with Nitrates circa 30-40ppm maximum. Comes out the tap at about 5-10ppm.
What sort of feeding tube have you got? Any pics? I've considered this for a while, but worried food would get stuck in it and rot.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Ric wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:54 am You have ''a guy'' who services your tank? How ''posh'', Lady Ruth ;)
...that's not all he does @Ric ;)
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: