Feeding fry in a community tank

Food, feeding and diet.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 1831 times

I still definitely have 5 Emperor tetra fry in my tank today, after first spotting them yesterday. I’m hoping there’s lots of microbeastie food amongst the decaying leaf litter, but should I add some Interpet fry food just to be sure? I’m inclined to let nature be but now the boy knows we have babies (and has seen the two bigger ones, one still with what looks like egg sac remnants, the other not so much) he’ll be sad if they die.

I feed the tank on a mix of Herons stuff these days. Literally ordered a lot of small samples and mixed them together in a tub so they get a variety each feed. Insect granules, protein granules, dried daphnia and tropical duo pellets to be precise. I have some frozen foods but my executive function forgets to defrost them in time and sensory wise some days it’s just not an option. I add cucumber studded with algae wafers for my snails and bristlenose. Lots of leaf litter and seed pods as well as the plants (and BBA, let’s face it!).

Should I order something fry specific? My dominant male is definitely trying to persuade one particular female into his territory (Anubias and Java fern) so I suspect this may be ongoing now (the botanicals doing their job I guess!)
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Leave it as it is. The biofilm growing on the leaf litter will attract enough critters to keep the fry well fed :)
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

If they have got this far @VikingMummy2015 and as @fr499y says I wouldn't overly worry about them. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Thanks guys. I figured that was probably the case but always best to check as I don’t always trust my instincts!
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5065 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Just powder up some granules or whatever you use until they're about 3/4 inch long.
I have small protein granules for the smaller corys, so that seems to be ok as well.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian