CO2 Questions

max1zzz
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

I'm trying to get CO2 up and running in my little 40L tank and have a couple of questions
I can't seem to get the drop checker to change colour (at lest not any kind of decisive change, it might be a little greener than with no C02 but it's hard to tell) however I measured the PH and KH of the tank which come out to around 6.7 and 5 respectively which according to this site: https://aquariuminfo.org/co2calculator.html should mean I have around 30ppm of dissolved C02 so I should be seeing a colour change on the drop checker. Also it says I should be at around 0.3-0.6 bps to get this, I have had to set it to a round 2.2 to get it up to this level which seems like a missive difference (But them maybe my diffuser is just really inefficient?)

I'm not sure if I should be trusting the drop checker or the calculations... Any advise would be appreciated!
Ricrhys
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 560 times

Morning,
What's the PH dropping from?
max1zzz
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

it's dropping form around 7.7 without the CO2
I have actually seen the drop checker go green now, it seems I had too little of the drop checker solution in it and it was making the colour change indistinct, backing the CO2 off a little results in t going blue again so it looks like I have it at the right level
Ricrhys
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 560 times

Glad you got it sorted, I went on UKAPS to do a bit of research for you and came away feeling like I know nothing, again. 😂