Favourite place to Scape ?

SxAqua
Has Liked: 486 times
Been liked: 354 times

Favourite place to Scape ?

Post by SxAqua »

So I've just been watching a video of some guy Scaping an island/beach scape

https://youtu.be/biVHt3SckvI

I've always loved the rocks and sand scapes and made me think about places I've been that could influence something really nice in the future.

Being my first tank an all, there was very little thought into how I wanted it to look like etc, but am itching to make something really nice in the future.

So I'll kick it off with probably the nicest beach I've been to down in Devon called Blackpool sands. It's by no means the best beach is the UK but I felt like I was abroad. It's set in a national park, surrounded by tree strewn cliffs. And fine polished peoples of all colours. If I manage to get down that way this year I may have to come home with a few kilos of rocks/pebbles πŸ˜„

Where would you choose... And pictures please πŸ™‚

Andys temperate tank
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has Liked: 1510 times
Been liked: 809 times

Re: Favourite place to Scape ?

Post by Andys temperate tank »

I've thought about using st abbs in Scotland for inspiration a few times. Excuse the crap pics.

My favourite rock to fish from, once I've scrambled along the point of it.

And some more. You can see the lighthouse on the cliff top. That's all of it. Its tiny as it's on the cliff top.

Fun fact about st abbs village. It was the place used as new asgard in the marvel avengers end game movie. After filming ended the studio gave the village money towards their independent life boat.
64L temperate community.
60L betta tank: 1 Delta betta (Stan), 6 sterbai cory.
5ft 425L 34 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, 6 angelfish, 2 German blue rams.

PaulVerrall
Has Liked: 239 times
Been liked: 363 times

Post by PaulVerrall »

I'd love to get a looping star and Mary Rose ornament and do Margate beach! Could do the jolly boys outing, would be as cheesy as a star wars tank but nowt wrong with a bit of cheese every now and then

SxAqua

Post by SxAqua »

Andys temperate tank wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 17:47 pm
I've thought about using st abbs in Scotland for inspiration a few times. Excuse the crap pics.

And some more. You can see the lighthouse on the cliff top. That's all of it. Its tiny as it's on the cliff top.

Fun fact about st abbs village. It was the place used as new asgard in the marvel avengers end game movie. After filming ended the studio gave the village money towards their independent life boat.
Looks breath taking ! The cliffs most likely being granite ? Millenium stone and lots of moss, you could do that a treat. Really high back πŸ™‚

SxAqua

Post by SxAqua »

PaulVerrall wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 18:28 pm
I'd love to get a looping star and Mary Rose ornament and do Margate beach! Could do the jolly boys outing, would be as cheesy as a star wars tank but nowt wrong with a bit of cheese every now and then
I love seeing cheesy tanks. I always wonder what the fish make of it πŸ˜„. The multicolored pebbles and all.

Andys temperate tank
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has Liked: 1510 times
Been liked: 809 times

Post by Andys temperate tank »

SxAqua wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 20:07 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 17:47 pm

Looks breath taking ! The cliffs most likely being granite ? Millenium stone and lots of moss, you could do that a treat. Really high back πŸ™‚
It is an amazing place. I've accidentally stumbled across a cormorant nest up there. The hen on the nest was not pleased.
64L temperate community.
60L betta tank: 1 Delta betta (Stan), 6 sterbai cory.
5ft 425L 34 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, 6 angelfish, 2 German blue rams.

Staffylover
Has Liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by Staffylover »

reckon a spooky tank would be cool with stained water, skulls some dim but funky coloured lights maybe one of those volcanoes you can get for kids tanks a wreck or some caves plus some spooky themed fish like glass cats, bit childish maybe but it would be a bit of fun :grin:
180l small fish community
350l Jewel Rio jungle tank
420l 6ft river tank - lake kutubu rainbows, scissortails.

SxAqua

Post by SxAqua »

Staffylover wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 21:48 pm
reckon a spooky tank would be cool with stained water, skulls some dim but funky coloured lights maybe one of those volcanoes you can get for kids tanks a wreck or some caves plus some spooky themed fish like glass cats, bit childish maybe but it would be a bit of fun :grin:

@Staffylover your really lowering the tone now πŸ˜‰

I was getting all deep and meaningful too πŸ˜„

... Saying that you could have the lightning theme off my fluval lamp.. Youd have some pretty schizo fish though πŸ€ͺ

Staffylover
Has Liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by Staffylover »

So that I am not accused of lowering the tone beyond repair how about set up to mimic a chalk stream, we don't have any here but when they get featured on nature programmes I always think how lovely they are :]
180l small fish community
350l Jewel Rio jungle tank
420l 6ft river tank - lake kutubu rainbows, scissortails.

SxAqua

Post by SxAqua »

Staffylover wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 22:07 pm
So that I am not accused of lowering the tone beyond repair how about set up to mimic a chalk stream, we don't have any here but when they get featured on nature programmes I always think how lovely they are :]
πŸ˜†

There ya go !

I've just had to google chalk stream πŸ™‚

They're quite shallow. Gravel base, frogbit, moss, fast flow. Maybe a few white cloud minnows πŸ˜‰