Temperature alarm purchase

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
jacksdad
Posting Legend
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 272 times

This arrived today, another eBay bargain!  [woo]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vici-TM803-L ... 2552648745

Its an indoor/outdoor or fridge/freezer temperature gauge & alarm, with switchable display, and high & low alarms for both. I don't need the 'indoor' bit, so set the alarms to the highest reading of 70 degC.
The 'outdoor' sensor is on the end of a long lead, which I've dropped into my 260 litre tank, set at 22 low and 25 high. Now tested and works perfectly, the constant display is exactly the same as the other temp gauges I bought on eBay, all 3 in the same tank reading the same to a tenth of a degree  :D  
Can't say how long any will last, but they appear to be decent enough for the price: this exact model is £16 on Amazon.
RichMo

I was looking for something like this. Does it make a loud noise continuously whenever too col or too hot?
jacksdad
Posting Legend
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 272 times

Hi, my alarm went off last week, in the early hours! Posted on here, basically the temp dropped to 20 Deg C and set the alarm off, heater failed. It's a short burst of bleeps, every minute or so, doesn't stop until you address the reason for it going off. I'm very happy to have it work, I tested it a few times when it arrived, then just left it alone, I check all the temp gauges whenever I feed the fish or just walk past, the digital displays are so easy to see. People have said that these Chinese digital devices don't last long or aren't accurate, but my experience is the complete opposite! Very accurate, I've tested 3 in the same water, and they are within a couple of tenth degrees of each other, and already had an alarm prove its worth.
Fluval 160, Boyu 300 'New Used Project 2' , Leddy 60l Shrimp tank
eBay stalker bargain hunter!