Condensation in heater

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Gill
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 13 times

I have condensation in my heater, and as it’s under warranty I should be able to exchange.
In changing things over how long will it be ok for my fish to be without a working heater?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

What temperature is your tank running at? And how warm is the room the tank is in?
With the current weather staying fairly warm it shouldn’t be a problem for a couple of days :)
Gill
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 13 times

Got the heater exchanged today, changed for one with an LED display, a little bit obtrusive, and probably uses more power ( shan’t mention this to the OH 😂) but I don’t mind as I can certainly read this one easily.
Oh and I needn’t have worried about the temperature drastically dropping while I did this as the weathers been so warm it’s been a steady 26 in the tank and no heating required since I’ve been home.
Also I’ve positioned the new heater on the slant as the old one was, however on the paperwork it shows it positioned upright. Is that ok, do you think?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

They’re normally better on an angle as they heat a larger surface area of water and the thermostat is normally in the top, which means they can switch off prematurely because the heat goes straight up. Hope that makes sense :)