Today's question... Which filter? (upgrade)

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

No, not using digital, both are normal glass ones. I did have a digital and it packed up after a week and even new batteries didn't resurrect it. £15 down the drain... 🙄 I've dropped the setting down to 26 which should take it to about 23. Though the water does feel cool to the touch already but I guess I'm not living in it... 😏
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

I wouldn't worry too much about the fish and the new flow, just now. They have been used to the tank as it was, knowing where movement and where the quiet spots were. All this has changed now but you do have plenty of cover and shelters, so if they want to go somewhere quieter they can. Give it a few days and they will have figured out where they want to swim.
Also, I think they quite enjoy swimming in the flow :)
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

I've got 2x Betta Choice 1620 UV (pretty much the same as the 1620 but with a UV light i believe - although the media is slightly different fit etc too)

Had them both since Jan - one running a discus tank, one running a musk turtle (x2) tank

No problems with either - and if im being 100% truthful, no maintenance done to either also. Do keep meaning to switch the UV bulb for a new one and give the impellers a clean
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Forgot to say: I do like the open background ::thumb::
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

@Ric 🙂 I was going to leave it open but then no way to hide the hosing etc. So I've gone for one that will blend in more but there is a about an inch gap at the top. Need to move it up and then get another bit to cover the bottom where joins will be less obvious. Also thank you for comments re the fish coping with the flow! :swim2:

I've been in to check and I initially thought I had a dead Sterbai but I think they are just resting near the corner. And the sand looks sooo much clearer! Not 100% immaculate but so much better.

Question : what difference to the flow / water movement would a lily pipe or duck bill outlet make, compared to the spray bar?
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I do like the look of the lily pipe, so discreet, but found it did not provide enough movement in the tank. That is with all the plants, of course. So I installed a spray bar instead which moves more surface due to its width and that works better for me.

Its something you can simply try for a few days or so and see which ones suit your tank, fish and you better :)