I nearly killed my fish :(

The science behind successful fishkeeping.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Turned filters off to feed at 5pm yesterday, went out for dinner and came home late, got up at 6am and turned tank light on to see all my fish at the bottom almost laying on the surface not looking good at all. Realised I hadn't put the filters and air pump back on.
Put it all back on, the fish started perking up after about an hour, done a water change after golf and they all seem normal now.

I'm guessing it was oxygen that was the problem, will there be any lasting issues? I was nearly sick when I saw it, horrible feeling!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

I'd do waterchange if not already done so.

You won't be the first or the last. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

All should be fine Paul. :]
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)