Treated. Nervous now!

The science behind successful fishkeeping.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

I feel your frustration, Paul. Keep calm and think:

What @Gingerlove05 and @codheadjohn said makes perfect sense. Do a water change as close to 100% as is feasible to remove the meds...any water left in the tank should simply not contain enough meds to react so badly with Prime.

This would be what I'd do, if the alternative is to see the fish potentially being poisoned.

Do the manufacturers have a hotline / web chat option for customer queries? (Better hear it from the horse's mouth. I'd be weary of simply Googling the answer because all you will come across are the horror stories with very little or no useful info.)
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

codheadjohn wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 19:31 pm Chloramine isn't very common in the UK, so the chlorine should gas off fairly quickly
Our water supply is chloraminated ;)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Gingerlove05 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 19:55 pm
codheadjohn wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 19:31 pm Chloramine isn't very common in the UK, so the chlorine should gas off fairly quickly
Our water supply is chloraminated ;)
As long as its not 'contaminated'... :D
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 1824 times

The guys have given good advice. If there’s too much in the system anyway, there’s no harm in doing huge water changes to get it out and adding Prime. Got all my fingers crossed
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Mito
Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 190 times

Would it help after doing a water change to put activated carbon in the filter to get rid of the remaining meds? Leave it running 24 hours, another water change and start over again. More fingers crossed and wishing success.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

I wrote this on the other thread Paul.
PaulVerrall wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 17:35 pm It's far worse now, the wife did the treatment. Somehow a decimal point got lost in translation and 75ml of Cupramine went in instead of 7.5ml.
I can't water change as you can't put prime in with the Cupramine.
I'm pretty sure my fish are all going to succumb. After my ridiculous mistake of leaving the filters off and now this mistake, if my fish die, I'm done, closing tank down and giving up and selling up. I clearly aren't cut out for keeping fish
The instructions say 1ml per 40L of water on the first day, that's 15ml in total in a 600L aquarium.
Then repeat after 48 hours.

So you have over-dosed, I would not repeat the treatment after 48 hours.
If in doubt do a water change and start again.

Don't think negative Paul.
You have done some great work, the forum members are all behind you.
We all make mistakes, that's only human, just correct the mistakes and learn from them.
As for any dosage, read the instructions, do the calculations and then read the instructions again.

Good luck mate :]
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)