Ste's Tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

I did not know that they mouthbrood. So you could still end up with two sets of fry, depending on how many eggs the the females managed to rescue?
stechappo
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 586 times

Ric wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:11 am I did not know that they mouthbrood. So you could still end up with two sets of fry, depending on how many eggs the the females managed to rescue?
Yes I could Ric the wife thinks I may need another tank for the babies(that's permission for me to develop MTS)she was actually gutted when the egg raid happened, she wanted me to remove the eggs but no spare tank.
stechappo

Well as of Tuesday all the eggs had been removed either by the pairs or forcibly by the other fish raiding in, Right hand male has now left his female and is courting the single (middle) female, this is worse then that shitshow LoveIsland haha, none of the females are currently holding either think they got bullied by the males into dropping or eating, next time I'm removing the eggs, picked up a egg tumbler.

Seriously considering rehoming the Jurupari, they weren't on my original stock plan before I swapped the fish, they where to me a bonus, they fit in with the theme as they are found in a lots of Amazon basin river's including the Rio Tapajos but these could be from anywhere, he did state they they where F1, if I do rehome my stock capacity will drop to 48% from 84% as it is now, that allows me a lot of room, I'm in no rush though as I want to ensure these go to a decent home(big tank). I was originally planning on a pair of Crenicichla Regani (Dwarf Pike Cichlid).
stechappo

Image Added more JavaFern to the wood.
Image Big male being boss :)
Image Lemon Tetras
Image My 5 year old Oliver taking a pic of tank last night. (just discovered this pic)
stechappo

Jurupari have now departed to pastures new, a friend who works in a local restaurant has bought them for there display tank, they already have a group of 6, there tank is 10ft long too, cant wait to see them next time I go.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Make sure you take pics of that tank. Should be quite a sight.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

stechappo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 15:46 pm Jurupari have now departed to pastures new, a friend who works in a local restaurant has bought them for there display tank, they already have a group of 6, there tank is 10ft long too, cant wait to see them next time I go.
I did wonder when it said "a friend who works in a local restaurant has bought them" what the next few words would be.....!! ;) :D
stechappo

plankton wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 18:33 pm
stechappo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 15:46 pm Jurupari have now departed to pastures new, a friend who works in a local restaurant has bought them for there display tank, they already have a group of 6, there tank is 10ft long too, cant wait to see them next time I go.
I did wonder when it said "a friend who works in a local restaurant has bought them" what the next few words would be.....!! ;) :D
Haha I did say to him they best not be for eating :D but he assured me they would only use the fins...………….. :woo: :grin: :$ ::twisted::
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Jurupari are lovely cichlids, I had some 2 years ago.
It would ne nice to see them in a big 10 foot aquarium ;)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)