Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has Liked: 241 times
Been liked: 910 times

Re: Ste's Tank

Post by Stephen »

I just added Chester to the list.
How far are you willing to travel?
I will be visiting two LFS in Gloucestershire tomorrow (Monday), one to collect some additional Gold Laser cory, the other just to have a look around plus they have some very nice bogwood.

What fish are on your list?
550L - Rio Ucayali themed
4 x Biotodoma Cupido, 53 x Paracheirodon innesi, 24 x Thayeria boehlkei, 18 x Gold Laser Cory (CW010), 2 x Flash pleco (L204) named George & Mildred :]

stechappo
Has Liked: 269 times
Been liked: 335 times

Post by stechappo »

I'm happy to drive anywhere for the right fish, just mainly after the Corydoras Ornatus and Lemon Tetras as the main fish to pick up others can be added down the line.
72x24x18 Río Tapajos Themed. 4(2m2f)Geophagus sp.Redhead Tapajos, 39 Lemon tetra's (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis) 1 L183 Starlight Bristtlenose plec, 7 Nannostomus eques(Hockeystick Pencilfish)

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

stechappo wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 15:57 pm
I'm happy to drive anywhere for the right fish, just mainly after the Corydoras Ornatus and Lemon Tetras as the main fish to pick up others can be added down the line.
I think I saw some Lemon tetra at one of my local LFS.
How many are you after?

Also how many Corydoras Ornatus?

Mind you I am about 120 miles away from you, (I live in Hereford, HR4)
4 x Biotodoma Cupido, 53 x Paracheirodon innesi, 24 x Thayeria boehlkei, 18 x Gold Laser Cory (CW010), 2 x Flash pleco (L204) named George & Mildred :]

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

According to https://www.masterfisch.co.uk they have Lemon tetra in stock.
https://www.masterfisch.co.uk/characidae/287-lemon-tetra.html

Here's their pleco (Loricariidae) page
https://www.masterfisch.co.uk/44-loricariidae

Hope it helps

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

Right hand side Geos have spawned again, hopefully without the Jurupari's they may have more chance to getting to at least hatch this time.

Not sure what to do about this single female who is being kept to the centre of the tank, if she goes near either end the pairs are chasing her to the other end who in turn are chasing back, no damaging yet just chasing, she is a real nice fish and feel sorry for her. I think she will be ok but the constant stress to her can't be good.

Any advice or suggestions?
72x24x18 Río Tapajos Themed. 4(2m2f)Geophagus sp.Redhead Tapajos, 39 Lemon tetra's (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis) 1 L183 Starlight Bristtlenose plec, 7 Nannostomus eques(Hockeystick Pencilfish)

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

stechappo wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 22:12 pm
Right hand side Geos have spawned again, hopefully without the Jurupari's they may have more chance to getting to at least hatch this time.

Not sure what to do about this single female who is being kept to the centre of the tank, if she goes near either end the pairs are chasing her to the other end who in turn are chasing back, no damaging yet just chasing, she is a real nice fish and feel sorry for her. I think she will be ok but the constant stress to her can't be good.

Any advice or suggestions?
I had a similar thing with my Cupids.
Two pairs at opposite ends of the aquarium and three odd ones in the middle constantly being chased by the formed pairs.
I made the conscious decision to re-home the odd three and just keep the formed two pairs.

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

That's my thought Stephen, really dont want to but may have to, with the Jurupari gone she is the sole target now. I'm thinking of seeing how this spawn goes, if she is interfering then rehome if the eggs survive and hatch and grow then she may be ok.

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

Picked up 20 more Lemon Tetras today from Pier Aquatics in Wigan, highly recommend this place has an amazing selection of fish, got some Vallis Gigantis, small bunch of Crypto Wendetii a Crinum Calamistratum as well, going to give it a week or two till I add more fish now.

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

Well done Steve.
Pier Aquatics have a great reputation ::thumbu::

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

Slightly strayed into the realm of a jungle tank lol can't resist buying plants. Geos don't bother with the plants so ok for now :)