Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has Liked: 241 times
Been liked: 910 times

Re: Ste's Tank

Post by Stephen »

The redhead Tapajos look good ::thumbu::
Plenty of sand at the front for browsing.
550L - Rio Ucayali themed
4 x Biotodoma Cupido, 53 x Paracheirodon innesi, 24 x Thayeria boehlkei, 18 x Gold Laser Cory (CW010), 2 x Flash pleco (L204) named George & Mildred :]

stechappo
Has Liked: 269 times
Been liked: 335 times

Post by stechappo »

Left hand Geo pair spawned yesterday, just noticed the single female is again attacking the right side pair and getting at the eggs, she is a feisty one, sadly going to have to take her to my LFS this morning as both pairs are going for her more aggressively.

Found half a Lemon Tetra on tank bottom before just the head remaining, noticed it looked like it had been recovering from an illness had what looks the remains of a fungal infection above its head, another now has a red line running along its spine.

Any clues to what that is ?

Annoyed with myself a bit as I don't take fish from a shop if I see an illness but I didn't take my glasses(long sighted cant see clear anything within 18") yesterday and you have to wait by the counter in Pier Aquatics when they get your fish, so inspecting them was near impossible.
72x24x18 Río Tapajos Themed. 4(2m2f)Geophagus sp.Redhead Tapajos, 39 Lemon tetra's (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis) 1 L183 Starlight Bristtlenose plec, 7 Nannostomus eques(Hockeystick Pencilfish)

Ric
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has Liked: 3259 times
Been liked: 1554 times

Post by Ric »

Sorry to hear that. You're sure they are not being attacked by the geos (seeing that they have bred and are on 'high alert', as it were) and that this one is just stressed out?

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

Ric wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 am
Sorry to hear that. You're sure they are not being attacked by the geos (seeing that they have bred and are on 'high alert', as it were) and that this one is just stressed out?
Geos may have got the 1st one as it stayed at rear of the tank the one with the red line has been like that since going in its quite big and may just be old I hope.
72x24x18 Río Tapajos Themed. 4(2m2f)Geophagus sp.Redhead Tapajos, 39 Lemon tetra's (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis) 1 L183 Starlight Bristtlenose plec, 7 Nannostomus eques(Hockeystick Pencilfish)

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has Liked: 1624 times
Been liked: 1426 times

Post by plankton »

The pics aren't too well focussed, so it's a bit hard to tell what's going on.
It looks as though the lateral line and tail end are reddish, which would be signs of poisoning.......ammonia or nitrite in the bag?

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

Last Monday I took the single female to my LFS who took it, the two pairs are a lot more settled, the left pair laid eggs last Sunday so now both pairs have got to the holding stage, one day the male will hold the egg's next the females take over, the holding fish obviously doesn't eat, but strangely the same sex hold at the same time. Left hand pair have moved behind the root in the centre of the tank now, occasional displays and lip locking between whoevers on guard duty of the pairs.

Really great to watch a shoal of 39 Lemon Tetras swimming around together, the pencilfish like to swim at a 45deg angle under the plants searching for food, still doing 2 water changes a week of 30% per change, looking to invest in some better LED lighting next. No more fish plans at the moment.

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

stechappo wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 19:31 pm
Last Monday I took the single female to my LFS who took it, the two pairs are a lot more settled, the left pair laid eggs last Sunday so now both pairs have got to the holding stage, one day the male will hold the egg's next the females take over, the holding fish obviously doesn't eat, but strangely the same sex hold at the same time. Left hand pair have moved behind the root in the centre of the tank now, occasional displays and lip locking between whoevers on guard duty of the pairs.

Really great to watch a shoal of 39 Lemon Tetras swimming around together, the pencilfish like to swim at a 45deg angle under the plants searching for food, still doing 2 water changes a week of 30% per change, looking to invest in some better LED lighting next. No more fish plans at the moment.
Glad that the Tapajos are more settled.
I done the same with my Cupids back in June, just two pairs now, re-homed the odd three Cupids.

I bet the Lemon tetras look great.
You must do a video ;)

All the best
4 x Biotodoma Cupido, 53 x Paracheirodon innesi, 24 x Thayeria boehlkei, 18 x Gold Laser Cory (CW010), 2 x Flash pleco (L204) named George & Mildred :]

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVTtHD2YFeo

Little video I recorded on my phone. Not great quality Samsung A50 phone.

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

stechappo wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 22:14 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVTtHD2YFeo

Little video I recorded on my phone. Not great quality Samsung A50 phone.
Good video, the Lemon tetra look great as do the Tapajos. ::thumbu::
I liked the close up of the cichlid towards the end.

Now, here's a question, is it you playing the piano? :P

stechappo

Post by stechappo »

hahaha I wish @Stephen the original sound track ended with my 5 year old calling me an idiot for filming the tank, he's on the Autistic spectrum so is prone to funny outbursts.