Feliss' tank logs

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

I'm not that hopeful unfortunately, I had a male pass in a similar way previously. He's draining of colour :(
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1909 times

Your tank looks great, I really like the overgrown moss, sad about the larger rainbows, I always find it difficult to know when to fish just one out as I know it will stress all the fish, great news about the little fry though :)
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
SxAqua
Has liked: 486 times
Been liked: 353 times

Sorry for your loss 🙁 Hope the other 2 pull through !
F3l1ss

Rainbows really don't do well on their own so the other fish is there really just for company for the male.

Trimming the moss was an experience! Hehe gets everywhere doesn't it... looks better on the half of the tank I tidied up, I do love the overgrown look but it was crowding out some of the other plants. May take a few of the plants out and some of the littler moss clumps, but will give it some time to see how it comes back after trimming. Love this tank so much still :)
F3l1ss

Tried myxazin, then interpet internal antibacteria, now daily meth blue baths... he's finally swimming horizontally rather than with his front raised all the time! He's got some colour back apart from a suspicious small round section on one side of his middle...

I'm still waiting for Naturally Aquatic to be back making hardscapes again. Still not happy with this tank and eelmin needs more floor space. So going to give it a good clean out this wknd, try using suction cups to dot anubias around the back wall, probably order some fake plants to break up line of sight for the male rainbows as they're constantly at it, remove a couple of live plants that aren't doing well and add another tube in.

Not sure whether to put the wood I take out into some holding tank in case I have more rainbow eggs on it?!! It would be good to have some a similar size for little Deggs...

Which brings me onto the little 125! Moss is everywhere in the tank hehe what a mare! Oh well! Photo coming later when the lights are on and it's dark. I love this little tank every time I look at it :)
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

F3l1ss wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:26 pm Oh well! Photo coming later when the lights are on and it's dark. I love this little tank every time I look at it :)
I'm sure we would love your little tank, too, if only you would let us have a look at it :D ;)
F3l1ss

So I know photos are supposed to be incoming but I wanted to get a decent video of Eelmintrude feeding and add it at the same time... will try later!

In other news, I'm now a mum to who knows how many rainbow fry :O this is not what I was naively expecting!! I wanted a companion for Deggs (fried eggs) so thought in my wisdom while I was stripping everything out of the big tank to keep a small bit of wood and the anubias in a tub, just to see what happened you know? I was fully expecting NOTHING to happen as we only got the one little fry previously... well no we didn't get nothing... I have quite a few little tiny fry swimming around in this tub :P what the hell am I going to do now?!

So I have the big tank, the 125 and the hospital tank, and now I'm going to have to setup a separate fry tub!

- I need to setup the proper filter for the 125, swapping one tray with the big tank filter that's the same - this will allow me to stock up the 125 as I originally had hoped.
- Then I'm going to take that little filter currently in the 125 and use it for the new fry tub.
- The male in the hospital tank has had a remarkable recovery and so both of them in there will rejoin the big tank.
- However, someone else in the big tank is looking a little beaten up so will take that one and another for company to see if some time out will allow it to recover. I think because I've stripped out all the plants for now there's nothing to give them a break from each others' line of sight. I need to get my anubias out of the fry tub and stuck on to the walls as I had previously imagined before I had frymadgeddon!

All a lot of fun actually :)
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

It never gets boring Louisa :)

All the best with the fry. ;)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)