Benvilles' Roma 240

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

He’s pretty :)
Christmas and New year was fairly peaceful, looks like yours went well :D
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Jeff is very handsome. :)
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Did you deliberately colour co-ordinate Jeff with Gracie? Looking good ;)
Benville
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 87 times

Ric wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:41 am Did you deliberately colour co-ordinate Jeff with Gracie? Looking good ;)
No but now you mention it haha, subliminal. Wife wanted a red one but in the blue tank it gets a bit washed out.

Hes a character, although a bit of a muppet flaring his own reflection.

Gracie has started digging again lately and barricading herself, although shes not yet reduced eating so cant be a moult yet.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

How are Gracie and Jeff and the rest of your gang doing? :)
Benville

Good morning good morning,

Been a long time since I've popped in here, what with the horrendous year it's been! How is everyone doing?!

So I'm back down to just a single tank now, the Roma 240. Wife was on furlough for an entire year and the 20% cut really started to hurt we had to downsize quite a lot of things, and Gracie & Jeff were part of that. They moved on to a friend of ours just before Christmas. My 240 took a bit of a beating after....I honestly don't know, I think a filter failure of some kind but one morning came down to most of the tank dead and Ammonia off the charts.

We have a friend down the road who is moving to Poland, and the husband maintains half a dozen tanks. He can't take the fish with him and all the LFS refused to take them, so he was one step short of having to euthanise before they remembered I was sitting here with a mostly unstocked 240L. I have inherited a bonded pair of Angels (Shanks and Bigfoot), a pretty large Swordtail (Zog) and a few smaller friends, a grumpy Krib of some kind (Ursula), a large male Rainbow Fish (Ziggy) and his three groupies, as well as a slew of guppies, platys and neons. Also in the donations (which are still ongoing, we are doing a small batch each weekend) is going to be an entire forest of plants....

...which brings me back here. I wasn't much good at maintaining plants before and I don't want to screw this up. I've been reading into EI Dosing, but in honesty it seems a bit like Fight Club and I'm struggling to find a simple "This Is What You Need" type guide. I found an "EI Starter Kit" on https://www.aquariumplantfood.co.uk/fer ... r-kit.html but wasn't sure how good it was. It also seems to be out of stoc....oh, it's finally back in stock while I'm writing this, fancy that.

So, can someone talk to me like I'm a toddler about EI Dosing and where to begin?
Benville

Not the best picture but a lot of glare at the moment, will try and get a better one later. I know there's greenwall on the back, but the bristlenoses love munching it.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

You can always email Johnny at Aquariumplantfood. ;) :)
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

@Johnny70 where you at?
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4375 times
Been liked: 2888 times

Hello mate. I've never used EI ferts before, I use this fertilizer on my planted tank.

https://www.horizonaquatics.co.uk/colle ... 0495952953

My plants improved alot when I switched to this instead of tropica premium ferts.

Watch out for your angels if they spawn in your tank. I've got a pair that cause bother in 420l when they spawn.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 7 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 2 SAE.