Fishtales Tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

So thought I would share a few pics. Need a bit of practice, but so far....

Behind the fake plants in the middle there is a big stone cave that LB (Sailfin pleco) lives. I hope to be able to gradually replace with real plants :)

These are my original 3 yr old Albino Cory. They have had issues with their barbells, but I recently put Unipac Limpopo sand in the tank and there seems a slight improvement. Time will tell :)
Last edited by Fishtales on Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fishtales
Posting Legend

And a couple of pics of my Rainbow Shark

This is LJ. One of the first fish I ever bought. He is very well tempered. His hobbies are patrolling the tank, sneaking into LB's cave while he is out and shoving his nose up the Corys bum when they bumble into him ROFL
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

ooh I do like the Rainbow SHark.

I see he's fine with the Corys, how do you think he would be with something like Rummynose Tetras?
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3422 times

RTBS (and ruby sharks) usually need a 4' tank because they need that area as their territory and they get to about 7".
They don't like other fish of similar shape or colour.
They are nice looking fish though. :)
Fishtales
Posting Legend

mikeyw64 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:02 am ooh I do like the Rainbow SHark.

I see he's fine with the Corys, how do you think he would be with something like Rummynose Tetras?
Thanks :) Mine has lived with Neon tetra and Guppy, no problem whatsoever. Showed no interest in them. I had a flood knocking out the electrics and lost a lot of fish. Probably lost a lot due to how hard my water unknowingly was too.

As I said he chases the Cory up the bum, but only when they practically land on him. He is 3 yrs old now and a good size, and I have never seen him actively bully another fish. I believe the Rainbow Sharks are better tempered/less aggressive than the (RTBS) Red Tailed Black Sharks.
Fishtales
Posting Legend

Here is LB (Sailfin Pleco) he is a little bit stressed because I'm taking pictures of him. He did very well though :)

LB's hobbies include resting upside down in his cave, uprooting the odd plant, using his body to move anything like leaf litter and even his veg if it lands to close to his home, and constantly pooping everywhere. It is very easy to follow the trail and see what he's been up to during the night ROFL
Pleco Fan
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Been liked: 209 times

Wow he's very handsome I have had a few in my time but mine were a lighter shade of brown. :swim:
Fishtales
Posting Legend

Pleco Fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 19:06 pm Wow he's very handsome I have had a few in my time but mine were a lighter shade of brown. :swim:
Thanks, he is a stunner. Be nice to see a couple of pics of the ones you've owned if you have any :)

Hard to believe looking at him that a lfs sent me home with 2 of these for a 2ft tank at the time. Thank goodness one of them didn't make it during the journey home.
Pleco Fan
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Been liked: 209 times

This is Henry,I haven't got any pic's of my Gibby's it was a long time ago.

Fishtales
Posting Legend

Thanks for sharing a picture of Henry @Pleco Fan

He is adorable, love his dark colouring. A very good looking chap :D