VikingMummy combined tank logs

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Not me as a singing nun, but a wee video of Ghost
https://youtu.be/2xT3zOWusv0
Just because @Ruth asked so nicely.

And the barbs enjoying their bug bites. Still managing to count 8. https://youtu.be/UdZQEhB_1pY
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

He is special!! He’s so ethereal! Thanks!! The barbs look like live wires!
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Ruth wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 16:47 pm He is special!! He’s so ethereal! Thanks!! The barbs look like live wires!
The barbs are just perfect. Swim at all levels but seem to prefer the bottom half and flitting through the plants, so a couple of honey gourami for the top part should complete the tank nicely by the end of the year. My calculations say 3 (going by roughly 1cm per L and both barbs and honeys maxing at 5cm = 11-12 fish total).
Love my ghost boy 🥰. He’s so delicate looking compared to Hugo!
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 17:39 pm
Ruth wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 16:47 pm He is special!! He’s so ethereal! Thanks!! The barbs look like live wires!
The barbs are just perfect. Swim at all levels but seem to prefer the bottom half and flitting through the plants, so a couple of honey gourami for the top part should complete the tank nicely by the end of the year. My calculations say 3 (going by roughly 1cm per L and both barbs and honeys maxing at 5cm = 11-12 fish total).
Love my ghost boy 🥰. He’s so delicate looking compared to Hugo!
Honeys would be lovely. That’s shaping up to be a nice tank.

Ano Hugo is a big unit! 🤣. Your boy just wafts about his tank Hugo seems to bulldoze his way about in comparison!
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

OK...it’s a poor copy of a poor copy, but if you want 5 minutes or so of me singing a duet with myself whilst dressed as a nun, feel free! https://youtu.be/eZCgsA-j7Vw
My most favourite character part EVER and i’d do the show again in a heartbeat. I sound nothing like either voice in real life, being Scottish, but it’s entirely my voice from start to finish.

Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 22:52 pm I sound nothing like either voice in real life, being Scottish, but it’s entirely my voice from start to finish.
I'm so glad you clarified that :D

It does look like bonkers fun; perhaps time to start planning a revival.. ::thumbu::
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Yesterday was w/c for the barbs and today was w/c for the kitchen tanks. Rearranged a few plants in T3 and finally managed to take the rock out of Ghost’s tank as the wood is staying down. I’ve moved the wood into the middle of the tank now i’ve taken half the plants out for T3. So much gunk from around the wood!

The barbs are definitely male heavy, with lots of fin flaring/dancing and chasing going on 🤦🏽‍♀️. No nipping or anything nasty so 🤞🏻. The definite female seems unbothered by the goings on, and is doing a great job patrolling the glass to nab all the planaria/ostracods etc.

Managed to get the Oase (T3) output a bit better but suspect i’ll have to baffle it properly for Ghost. I replaced the barb’s dual outflow with a sponge pre-filter and that’s made a huge difference in their tank. They’ve really started colouring up too (Impossible to take a picture of though 🤣).
Loving the salvinia growth (thanks @Vale! with the exclamation mark).
But best news today is my fridge freezer will FINALLY get here. Originally meant to arrive by today but when I phoned today, turns out there was a glitch on the system and it *might* be next Thursday 🤬. So I cancelled that one, phoned a local place and they’re delivering the same one this afternoon. Had to pay upfront rather than on credit but that’s not a problem (I just wanted to keep my credit history up to date). Will be nice to stock up again (including frozen for the tanks as theirs definitely went off 🤢).

VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Took some more video of the barbs and grabbed some screen shots while I was filming.

They are nippy beggars! I’m thinking 2 females possibly (hopefully), but the big female doesn’t get harassed at all, just hangs out happily while the boy’s zip about.

PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

They look great in amongst the green plants!
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

The barbs again.
https://youtu.be/PiY5Lk_hn0Q
Managed to count 8 amongst all the action and still holding steady at 0/0 so all good 😅 . Still can’t figure out if there’s 2 female or just the 1. Totally the wrong ratio by all online accounts, although most of the time the boys are shimmying their fins at each other rather than chasing the female. I suspect the LFS would take some back if things got too heated (if I were ever able to catch them 🤣).
Looking ahead and trying to figure out how many honey gourami would work best.