New arrival - first of the Betta tanks

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Beautiful betta, lovely colour. ::thumbu::
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

And here is the new boy :). As I posted in the Betta Fan thread, please excuse the debris on the tank floor, it seems to be coming off the bogwood whilst the tank has been cycling.

Both of these are H5 Betta Lifespace tanks at about 32 ltrs. Annoyed that I need to get a new light pad for one already but other than that they seem to be nice little tanks. With minor mods at the back where the wires go.

https://youtu.be/pnLdyAq6cow
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Very handsome.
Have you put some screen or cardboard between the two tanks? I would imagine they would just flare at each other constantly, if they can see another betta, no?
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4375 times
Been liked: 2888 times

The new one is a beauty too!.

His colours are similar to Stan.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 7 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 2 SAE.
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

@Ric I've got a piece ready to go between if needed, but the glass seems to be reflecting back on each tank so they don't seem to be able to see each other. If you know what I mean. I certainly haven't seen any behaviour yet that shows otherwise but I'm ready to go if needed.

I'm delighted with both these guys, having not particularly planned to rush to get bettas even though the tanks were sorted.

And I'm sure Sariel has built a bubble nest, it's in the gap where the heater goes ❤️ there are no other bubbles anywhere else in the the tank.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

Just to add, luckily I rang the shop where I bought the tanks to make sure they had replacement lights in stock.

When I explained that on one set of lights only 3 of the LEDs were working and on the other about half, they agreed to change them free of charge. I did have to take them with me so they could test them but at least they swapped them!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Very handsome, and I love the way he flares at absolutely nothing! :D
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

So it should be water change day today. No issue with doing the big tank and Sariel but should I leave the new one to let him settle more or just go ahead? He's nice and active, nosy, and has eaten this morning. (Still settling on a name).
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

I would still do a small water change, he'll need to get used to them. :)
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

He seemed unphased by my fiddling about in his tank, so all good. 👍👍.

Both seem to be doing well.

I'm now worried about not feeding them enough although I know they have small stomachs!!

I have a variety of different foods - mix of dry brands and some frozen bloodworm / brine shrimp etc. I mostly use these two:

https://www.ntlabs.co.uk/browse-product ... -tropical/

https://www.ntlabs.co.uk/browse-product ... -tropical/

As these are teeny tiny pellets what's a good rough amount?

I love bettas and am trying to work out if I can fit in another small tank but I don't think I have enough plugs!!!! 🙄. Plus which as I have two tanks just sitting empty (60 and 80 ltrs) I can't really justify another small one...