Excited - diamond tetras / QT tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

I do like to see a big group of tetras, they are so much more natural. :)
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

So just a quick updated video of the diamonds.

I lost one last week (RIP little one) but all the others are looking good, active and feeding well 👍

https://youtu.be/9nGGe_hDq-o
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

They are "colouring up" beautifully. Nice and glittery. :D
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

Beautiful fish!
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Looks like a perfect dedicated diamond tetra tank ;) How much longer are you thinking of keeping them in quarantine?
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Sorry you lost that one but the rest are looking amazing!
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

Thanks all 😊. They are starting to look fab but it depends on the lighting. They look much better in daylight but then all you'd see is me reflected on the glass and no one wants that 🤣🤣🤣

@Ric I was advised to keep them in QT for a couple of months, given they have come from two different shops with central water systems etc. So if I stick with that, another month.

Ideally though they are going to stay in the QT tank until I have upgraded, which I'm hoping to do by Xmas or just after.

Trying to work out now if the floor can cope with the 325ltr Fusion (130 x 50 x 50). There is a 120 version of it at around 280 ltrs I think, but difficult to find it for sale in the UK. Unless I'm looking wrong.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

As I've been doing water changes today I have been trying to get a few pics of the diamonds in daylight. The difference in the colour play between daylight and tank lights is huge.

Of course the only problem with daylight pics is the reflections on the glass, but I've had a go. You can just about see the fish lol. You will have to excuse the cat scratching post etc that you can also see!!

VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 1824 times

So sparkly!
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

Touch wood, whatever was going on with the diamond tetras seems to have settled down. Haven't lost any of them for at least a week and all currently looking well 🤞🤞🤞 let's hope I haven't spoken too soon...

I have though lost 8 or possibly 9 of the original stock, although I have only seen or found 4 in terms of those who passed away 😢😢

There always seems to be a film on the water in the 80l tank. I'm not sure what the cause is. Could be related to protein in the water due to the plants?

I'm thinking of adding an airstone to agitate the surface a bit more but the only pump I've got is the Oase one, which has two outlets and is rated for a far larger tank. I don't really want to purchase another smaller pump when I plan to sort out the new Fusion 325ltr tank the second we're out of this lockdown.

Would the Oase be far too much for the small tank, do you think? Each outlet is 100 l/h and I think you have to run both...