Wishafish’s tank log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Wishafish wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 13:35 pm
plankton wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:50 pm If they have caught something from the tank, you will have to treat the whole lot.....
I realise that, I just didn’t think it was a risk. The sterbai moved out to the hospital tank over 3 weeks before I got the endlers. What kind of parasite could go that long without a host?
plankton wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:50 pm How much harder exactly is your water? ;)
I've acclimatised corys for over 3 hours when the bag water was significantly different to the tank.
I've also had trouble with trils (not tribbles) in my water that's 7.8dGH......the longest mine have survived was about 18 months, and they were mature and came from the same water as mine, but I don't know what they were kept in while they matured.
@Stephen’s is 5 I think? Mine is 12. I have stuck to corys that have 12 within their hardness range on seriously fish.
My water is 4.6dGH (German). ;]
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Stephen wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 14:54 pm My water is 4.6dGH (German). ;]
Lucky sod! ...hey @Stephen, couldn't interest you into some iron water, all fresh from the south?! :dodgy2:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

That may have something to do with recovery from any problem then, if they're used to a nice soft water then into a hard one.
I hope the spawnings prove profitable with regards to keeping them.

Oh, and anyone else in the tank could carry pathogens, but not be affected like new fish. ;)
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

plankton wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:06 am Oh, and anyone else in the tank could carry pathogens, but not be affected like new fish. ;)
There wasn’t anyone in the tank after the sterbai moved out! Well no fish, just snails and plants of course. 🤷‍♀️
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

This little fella is the smallest cory, quite cheeky and almost always visible.

Eating a worm!

Just hanging out…
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Aww ☺️
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Some updates from my plant top-up in July. These little plants are starting to establish themselves in the foreground, I think this is hydrocotyle.

And some of the alternanthera reineckii mini red is doing ok now in the mid ground.

No sign of the tiger lotus doing anything yet but they were added more recently - the bulbs are just sat being bulbs.

Erm…. guys, can you put those roots back where you found them please 👀🙄😆

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Wishafish wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 am No sign of the tiger lotus doing anything yet but they were added more recently - the bulbs are just sat being bulbs.
Make sure they are half buried in to the substrate, they'll soon root.
Wishafish wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 am Erm…. guys, can you put those roots back where you found them please 👀🙄😆

Looks like the trilli are doing well. ::thumbu::
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)