BigBen's Operation Corydoras

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

Oh lovely, whereabouts in Cornwall? I used to have family in Cornwall, now all sadly passed away but I still have friends down there.
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

I grew up in Falmouth and I'm desperate to live in Falmouth again. I love it, I'm already looking for a little sailing dinghy and a van to carry around my surfboards, paddleboards and kayaks. I won't spend as much time on the water as when I was younger though.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

My haunts are all north coast, but I’ve been to Falmouth a few times. I hope you have fun with the planning stages and find something perfect when you are ready to move.
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Thanks, selling our place will be easy I expect, but finding somewhere in Falmouth will be difficult looking at the market today. Hopefully it will all work out.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Hope that works out for you. :)
I know Falmouth, many a holiday spent down there.
My friend moved down there when he retired, but he's since moved to Truro.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

A few picture updates of the tank itself, I'm not sure I've done one recently, but I think it's looking good. I always find Java Ferns to be an untidy plant, but I think it works in this tank!

C.Similis

C.Cruziensis

Red Lizard Whiptails, love these guys!

I'm going to place an order with Cory's 4 U at the end of the week. Probably will buy a few species 😁
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

BigBen wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 17:04 pm A few picture updates of the tank itself, I'm not sure I've done one recently, but I think it's looking good. I always find Java Ferns to be an untidy plant, but I think it works in this tank!

I find Java Fern does one of two things for me - it either dies a slimy death or it goes crazy. Either I find annoying so I haven’t got any this time! Ha! But you are right, it does look good in that tank, I like the island you have built. I’m finding it difficult to get scale - how big is the tank?

Looking forward to seeing your new additions when they arrive!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

It's a Roma 125, so just shy of 3ft. I kind of wish I'd put a deeper layer of sand in because of how well the saggataria is carpeting in my discus tank, but I don't know if it would grow as well with the old style t8 I have in this one.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

@BigBen
BigBen wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 17:04 pm I'm going to place an order with Cory's 4 U at the end of the week. Probably will buy a few species 😁
Who are Cory's 4 U ? Do you have a link ?

Thanks
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)