BigBen's Operation Corydoras

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Loads of different groups for me, fatten them up in a community and then a spawning project. I've never been very good at raising fry though.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

BigBen wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 am Loads of different groups for me, fatten them up in a community and then a spawning project. I've never been very good at raising fry though.
Nor me Ben, just pandas who seem to keep up a regular stock of 15-30 depending on how many eggs get eaten.
I got two pandas once to strengthen the gene pool, when I moved them from quarantine I found 3 little ones......who moved over about 3 months later. They would have been about 5-6 weeks old when the quarantine finished.
I did get one gossei to 3 months once, but then it disappeared..... :(
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Variety is the spice of life ::thumb:: I probably will get a big group/herd of Sterbai for my discus once I have a new tank and it's settled. Maybe some Oiapoquensis if I can get hold of them.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

I have a nice herd of Gold laser cory (30).
You have to love cory, they are a must in soft water aquaria. ;]
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
SPACKlick
Posting Legend
Has liked: 399 times
Been liked: 412 times

Absolutely adore Cory's. Really need to make a decision soonish about whether we want Panda or Julii.

I think Pandas will look better against the dark sand and background, and because they're smaller we can have a larger troup. Mrs Lick likes the Julii's little spots and thinks that slightly bigger ones will suit the large tank better.
250L: Tank Log
2 female Bristlenose Pleco, 24 Cherry Barbs 7M:17F, 4 Reticulated Flying Foxes, 17 Neon Tetra, 15 Lemon Tetra, 11 Yellow/Orange Cherry Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 3 Olve Nerite Snails, 4 Horned Nerite snails, 25 Amano Shrimp, Many Malaysian Trumpet Snails - AqAdvisor
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

SPACKlick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:37 am Absolutely adore Cory's. Really need to make a decision soonish about whether we want Panda or Julii.

I think Pandas will look better against the dark sand and background, and because they're smaller we can have a larger troup. Mrs Lick likes the Julii's little spots and thinks that slightly bigger ones will suit the large tank better.
Don't decide beforehand, just pick the chubbiest the shop on the day.

Got a few oak leaves today, ran them under some boiled water, will that be enough to prep them for the tank?

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Cold water change, 23c to 20.5c, see what happens. They're still hyper-active so I'm going to hit them with the water changes all of this week to see what happens. Immediately fed some daphnia after.
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

Have you seen this article? Lots of detail on breeding C.Weitzemani.

https://www.tfhmagazine.com/articles/fr ... -weitzmani
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Suse wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 19:45 pm Have you seen this article? Lots of detail on breeding C.Weitzemani.

https://www.tfhmagazine.com/articles/fr ... -weitzmani
I read this the other day, hoping I'd be able to get a group but didn't take much in. I'll be getting some Java moss when I can get to a shop! In the mean time I'll see if I can find some green wool and make a spawning mop.

I only have 1 female in the group which isn't ideal but I don't think it will be a major issue.
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

I've heard more males to females are better for breeding with cories (counterintuitive) so you should be OK! They look so healthy and happy.

What temperature did you keep your gold lasers at, when you had them? Any tips for keeping them happy and healthy, I see they spawned for you?