Adolfoi & Duplicareus Corydoras

Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 310 times

Just a wee update on these, all doing well (I think). Think they barbells are looking healthy enough? I keep reading how river sand should be the go-to for Cory's but as far as I can tell they're not having any issues on the limpopo.

(They get very camera-shy this is as close as I can get).

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

Glad to hear they're all doing well.
The Unipac Limpopo sand is OK for Cory and of the correct grain size.
I now have Corydoras duplicareus in my 550L aquarium, lovely cory.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3424 times

The barbels look ok from the pics, the pics are a bit fuzzy when enlarged though. ;) :)
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 310 times

Only time I really see any more than 3 or 4 of them out and about at the one time is during a waterchange, often wonder if I've gotten a bit carried away in getting 11 of them for the tank size.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Corys are very gregarious, so the more you can have/house the better :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

I see my Corydoras duplicareus often, I also have Cardinal tetra, Cupid cichlids and plecos (as in my signature).
When I first had Corydoras duplicareus back in 2018 they used to line up in a row, head to tail, along the front of the aquarium. I often counted up to 10 lined up.
The current batch are not as big, but they'll soon grow, and I am hoping they will behave similar.
Their bahavior (2018 batch) made them one of my favourite Corydoras, I love the colouring too.

I am hoping to obtain another cory species, something that looks a bit different and get 15 x that species too.
They look better and behave better in a decent size group. As previously mentioned by @Gingerlove05 , they are a gregarious species.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)