Struggling with discus

Angel's, Discus, Oscars, Rams, Malawi etc.
Gripes
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

I don’t think it was after removing the beefheart, I still feed it but not so often. Apart from the greedy one, they didn’t go crazy for it anyway.
Tank dimensions are 1200x600x500.
Pleasing to hear about the nitrates. 60 is the worse scenario, it’s normally lower then that. I use the api master test kit and deciding the nitrate colour isn’t that easy.ph is 7.4, no ammonia or nitrite either.
The deaths have been one by one, starting by isolating itself and hiding away. Scared to feed and being scared away by the greedy one. Slowly getting darker, thinner and then balance seems to go and thats that.
I worm with cloverleaf absolute +. Bought from plymouth discus online even tho I’m that close I could walk there 😀.

No problems with barbs , I did have dwarf gouramis that were sometimes interested but slowly lost them one by one with what looked like dropsy.
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

If they were dwarfs try googling "dwarf gourami disease" - it may look familiar

As regards the othe problems - i'd be tempted drop Stendker a email themselves and see if they have any suggestions, 7 SAE's doesnt sound great too me especially given the size they'll get. However if your seeing no bullying etc its unlikely
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
Gripes
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Ok thanks for the advice. I was also wondering about the SAE’S. there’s no bullying but especially at food time, they are fast and scatti and not ideal for a nervous fish. They have them together at my lfs and advice me they should be fine together. Not sure how much I gain from them with eating algae , they are now quite big on beefheart .