Poorly pearl

Betta's, Gouramis etc
sie84
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 26 times

Hi,
Could anyone please help me with the attached picture, my pearl has started with a sore looking patch on her side and possibly 2 white spots on her tail, i am currently on day 3 of dosing with esha 2000 but doesn't look to be doing too much 😔
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

What else is in with her? How long have you had her? And what are the water parameters?
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
sie84

Hi GL,
I have had the male and female for about 3 months now, they are in with columbian tetras, emperor tetras, bolivian rams and corydoras.
The tank is 180 ltrs, my pH is 7. 4, ammonia and nitrites are 0, and nitrates are around 40ppm, dgh is between 8 and 10 as the tank is half and half with RO.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

How are they with the rams?
There’s can be a bit of a personality clash between rams and gourami, that or the gourami may have had a spat and one has gotten injured :-/
Not sure about the white spots, could be Lymphocystis so they might come and go, as opposed to white spot (ich).
I would finish the esha course then do a largeish water change, you may have to do a couple of smaller ones after just to keep the water pristine and see if the white spots die back and the injury heals as it looks sort of internal to me :-/
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
sie84

Gingerlove05 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 20:44 pm How are they with the rams?
There’s can be a bit of a personality clash between rams and gourami, that or the gourami may have had a spat and one has gotten injured :-/
Not sure about the white spots, could be Lymphocystis so they might come and go, as opposed to white spot (ich).
I would finish the esha course then do a largeish water change, you may have to do a couple of smaller ones after just to keep the water pristine and see if the white spots die back and the injury heals as it looks sort of internal to me :-/
To be fair they seem to get along pretty well, there's the odd spat when the pearls get a little too close for comfort but other than that they are pretty peaceful. I have noticed the male chasing the female a little bit lately so could be he's been a little rough with her 😕
If it was something internal, how would I go about that?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Just good diet and garlic/garlic infused food along with pristine water. Unfortunately i dont know what else to suggest for internal injuries :-/
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

They haven't spawned recently have they?
Sometimes the female will bruise if the spawning is a bit rough (the males squeeze the eggs out of the female).
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Hi Si

I'm just wondering if the gourami has rubbed or bumped against some décor.
If that is the case then maybe some Melafix to help heal the wound.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)