Clowns

Loaches
Clothahump
Administrator
Administrator
Been liked: 10 times

Back in the day I had over 30 clowns, all rescues from aquariums that were far too small for them.
They can, and do get massive.
clowns.jpg
clowns2.jpg
Clothahump
Administrator
Administrator

Clothahump wrote: Back in the day I had over 30 clowns, all rescues from aquariums that were far too small for them.
They can, and do get massive.

clowns_again.jpg
DSCF0764.jpg
DSCF0765.jpg
Trouty
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Wow they are amazing. Do you know how old they where, i look forward to mine looking like these beauties 1 day. I have a group of 13 amongst other loaches. Ive had them about 4 years, in hindsight i wish i hadnt mixed my loaches and just had clowns,
8ft Clown Loach tank.
Clothahump
Administrator
Administrator

Trout wrote: Wow they are amazing. Do you know how old they where, i look forward to mine looking like these beauties 1 day. I have a group of 13 amongst other loaches. Ive had them about 4 years, in hindsight i wish i hadnt mixed my loaches and just had clowns,
Oldest one there was 13 if I remember correctly, also if the person I rescued it from was telling me the truth.
_MG_0857.jpg
Trouty
Been liked: 3 times

13 that gives me hope. He/she looks amazing. My largest must be a good 6 inches barbel to tail tip so still pretty small in comparison. How large was the tank that housed them at that size. And what are the other fish that are with them. I hope you donnt mind me asking you questions.
8ft Clown Loach tank.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Wow they're huge! To think people keep them in smaller tanks is horrible! At least the ones you've kept have been done so with lots of care.
si_2202

I love Clowns, they're stunning fish. It's such a pity that people see juvenile ones for sale without realising they'll become tank busters. Maybe one day if I can convince the wife to let me get an 8' tank I'll own some!
Peter
Posting Legend
Been liked: 14 times

One if my (many) favourites...

But boy those were big, especially Mr 13yo...
Clothahump
Administrator
Administrator

Trout wrote: 13 that gives me hope. He/she looks amazing. My largest must be a good 6 inches barbel to tail tip so still pretty small in comparison. How large was the tank that housed them at that size. And what are the other fish that are with them. I hope you donnt mind me asking you questions.
6 footer, twice weekly 25% water changes. The other fish are Leptobarbus hoevenii, just about 12" long. Again, they were in a 3 foot tank, and looking very sad.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

I remember your clowns Tim.
What have you got now?
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian