Dero Dero Dear!

Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Improbability Fish are now in, and they wasted all of five seconds before starting work!

That ends an experiment with IF, but never mind.

Whilst waiting for tomorrow I'll repurpose IFs' old tank.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Nicely done V!, I would not have had the patience, or the back ability, to have spent time doing that.......
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner

Well, I've been inspecting the worms daily in their little tub and it's beginning to look like I may have done a better job than I'd thought : there's been no sign at all of any 'cods. I may give it another day or two for any eggs to hatch and if it still seems all clear I'll install the worms in their new abode.  I was taking some video earlier and included the Deros in it ; here's a still …
snapshot_002.jpg
Obedient to Suelo's suggestion, the Improbability Fish have been continuing their purge of 'cods in the worms' old tank and there are now only a very few visible. 

Rather off-topic but I had the video camera out because I noticed that a pair of Parasphromenus had de-lurked. The male was evidently on the pull but the female was being a real tease. He was trying everything in his repertoire : multiple repetitions of the 'come into my cave' gambit ; head-standing ; and displaying. I managed to have the camera running during one of the fleeting instances of the latter and this is a snapshot from the video (low res, as all such still captures seem to be) …
snapshot_001.jpg
… the female almost fell for these strategies, but withdrew at the last moment. I thought it was supposed to be the other way round, but still. 

Again, if there's an irresistible demand I could edit the video and put it up.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Sounding good Vale!
Always a demand for a video ;) (if you wish to edit and post it of course :) )
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Nicely done with the 'cods, as for fish vids....... :rolleyes:

Ian
Suelo

A video is always good!  :shy:
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner

Irresistability seems to be growing - but perhaps not yet into a critical mass, given current circumstances ...

A week ago I was musing to myself how good it would be one day to have a species tank of False Eight-Banded Barbs. So as I happened to be in #1 LFS later that day I asked them to look on their fish lists. It normally takes several weeks for them to come up with news, so I posed my question and relaxed, thinking that maybe they could be a Christmas pressie, if found.

Yesterday came a phone call saying they'd arrived! Good grief!  I have now to clear out a tank for them and reset it pdq. Not only that, but I'd like them to be at eye-level, and that means moving fish, tanks and life-support systems around on my racking ; something of a logistical challenge which I'd normally think about for quite some time beforehand.

Luckily my main group of Chockies seem quite happy in their temporary home (following the Barnes-Wallace episode) so I can divert attention from the new tank to this project - even though toy #3 is at the Post Office waiting to be collected.

Better get cracking then! I'll see about doing a quickie video tonight if I've made sufficient progress.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Fish are more important than videos of them.........but only just! ;) :D

Ian
wingnut55
Tank of the Year 2022
Tank of the Year 2022
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 385 times

I think Vale is just toying with us, come on videos, lol.

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

Tank 80% stocked  :)
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner

I've managed to put together something thread-relevant which you should find here.

When I get around to doing the off-topic 'fish' one I'll probably put it elsewhere.