Epistylis

Amorvo1
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 109 times

I almost daren’t say this but everyone is looking fit and healthy again. Hoping it’s finally over!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5090 times
Been liked: 3436 times

Fingers crossed! :D
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2297 times
Been liked: 1968 times

Hey that's great news, fingers crossed for you ;]
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
(230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Primo 70l - Limia Islai
40l/70L - Black- bellied Limia/Paradise fish.)
Riva
Been liked: 3 times

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have exactly the same issue.
I bought a beautiful Appistogramma Hongsloi 2 weeks ago. The day after I brought it home it started flashing. No spots so treated with anti parasite.

Today it died. Anti Parasite and Waterlife Protozin didn’t work. I had 5 banded barbs as well. They died last week.

I think it’s most likely to be epistylis caused by columnaris. What did you do to sort it out as my protozin doesn’t seem to have an effect.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Sorry to hear of your problems. :(
Are you dosing until all the spots go? You can repeat dose after a water change.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Riva
Been liked: 3 times

The spots have never gone. They all took a noticeable down turn when I added Waterlife protozin after day 2 of the meds so did a large water change and rebuilding the meds back up. They never really recovered.

To what extent are fish stores accountable for selling sick fish? I had very healthy barbs and a betta in there before. The betta is holding on but looks very unwell as well. I spoke to the store who didn’t seem remotely interested.

I have soft water, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 0 nitrates (which is a little odd). Ph is 6.4 so should all be good.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Bettas don't like meds, you have to half dose with them. That won't be helping him at all (it's another reason not to keep them with anything else).
Questions to ask when you buy fish:- how long do you quarantine, what are they eating, have there been any comebacks about them, what water are you keeping them in (some places use RO water remineralized as required)?
I always recommend quarantining fish at home for 6 weeks anyway as that is the average time for most of the common problems to show themselves.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian