Got stuff you no longer need? post here and give it a new home
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester
Forum Jester
Has Liked: 781 times
Been liked: 798 times

Class N Endlers

Post by Martinspuddle »

This is the last batch of young I have and while they are not ready to go yet, I though I'd post early, so if any of you wants any wild Endlers or knows someone who might want some of these will plenty of time to decide. None of these fish have ever been mix with any type of Guppy or Endler as far as I'm aware.

Originally collected by Philippe Voisin in 2013 from a channel, South of Cumana City, Venezuela February 2013. Imported by Alan Dunne into the UK September 2014.

I purchase them originally from Tartan Guppy, in Paisley, Scotland.

https://www.tartanguppy.co.uk/

Collection from Sheerness, Kent.
Ring-a-ring o' roses, a pocket full of posies, A-tishoo! A-tishoo! we all fall down! :dodgy2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have come to the conclusion over the years that all fish have a serious drink problem! :]

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has Liked: 25 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Class N Endlers

Post by Stephen »

That is a lovely looking endler livebearer.

Just to remind people that Endlers require alkaline water (pH above pH7.0) which is also hard (15dGH+) and kept at a tank water temperature in the region of 25-28C (77-82F).
You don't need a big tank to keep Endlers, something about 18 inches (45cm) is plenty big enough for quite a group.
The water at Sheerness is hard at approx. 16.9dGH (German) according to Southern water.

Good luck Martin with moving these juveniles on, someone will get some healthy fish.
600L - Rio Guaporé themed
7 x Biotodoma Cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 16 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 27 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 17 x Corydoras sterbai, 10 x Corydoras caudimaculatus

Fishtales
Has Liked: 752 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Fishtales »

Look lovely @Martinspuddle Shame I can't get any for my 125lt tank, they sound like a fish that would love my hard water :(

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester
Forum Jester

Post by Martinspuddle »

Fishtales wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 22:18 pm
Look lovely @Martinspuddle Shame I can't get any for my 125lt tank, they sound like a fish that would love my hard water :(
They do famously well in our water.

Ring-a-ring o' roses, a pocket full of posies, A-tishoo! A-tishoo! we all fall down! :dodgy2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have come to the conclusion over the years that all fish have a serious drink problem! :]

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has Liked: 25 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by Stephen »

Nice video Martin Image
600L - Rio Guaporé themed
7 x Biotodoma Cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 16 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 27 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 17 x Corydoras sterbai, 10 x Corydoras caudimaculatus

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has Liked: 864 times
Been liked: 483 times

Post by Gingerlove05 »

They are beautiful little fish :)
Hope you can find good homes for them :)

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester
Forum Jester

Post by Martinspuddle »

Gingerlove05 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 23:00 pm
They are beautiful little fish :)
Hope you can find good homes for them :)
Thought I'd list here first this time, if not they going to my LFS.

Fishtales
Has Liked: 752 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Fishtales »

Nice video Martin, they look stunning. I may keep my 125lt tank hard water if I can find some beauties like you have. I am sure you will have some very happy customers, or a very happy lfs :)

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester
Forum Jester

Post by Martinspuddle »

Fishtales wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 23:53 pm
Nice video Martin, they look stunning. I may keep my 125lt tank hard water if I can find some beauties like you have.
If you ever want pure Endlers, I highly recommend Tartan Guppy but be aware these fish are not cheap. Mine cost £30 delivered for one pair (good grief I here you say!) BUT, bearing in mind every batch I took to my LFS which numbered 40-50 Endlers, he was selling for £3 per Endler and my dealer would give me a £25 credit note each time. Two years and I got my original investment back five times over. :)

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has Liked: 727 times
Been liked: 645 times

Post by plankton »

They are lovely endlers Martin. :)
Nice to see them natural, they are getting rarer in the wild.

I must buy a bigger house for more tanks......oh, I don't have any money...... :(