Rescue and release

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your ponds.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

I agree, he looks really well :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
DaisyGLam

Thank you all so much from me and lucky ?
We may have found a pond too and he’s been reaping the benefits of a nice clean tank with a fresh water change I’ve been doing a larger water change with him as he poos so much and the tanks a little smaller but usually no more than 30-35%
He’s also been enjoying some plants in his tank, I think of it like training him for his release, he was a bit anxious of them to start with but now he’s swimming in between them all and develops a little circuit through them that he likes to show me while I wash up next to him :) I’ll miss him a lot but he’s desperate for a proper swim again ? glad to know we’ve been doing the right thing!
DaisyGLam

Update and final question?!

My friend has a pond that’s a lovely big size with loads of lovely plants and natural wildlife like insects there :) but they have just the one very big very old goldfish. Would I be right to be concerned he might get nibbles on or just eaten? Im not sure food would be an issue as there’s lots of natural food as well as feedings but I hope the poor fella doesn’t get eaten again!
Cheltgirl
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 14 times

He should be ok. As long as he doesn’t fit into the big goldies mouth (unlikely) then he won’t get eaten. It’s also unlikely that the big one will attack even if it’s a smaller fish. Goldfish are social creatures and having a friend will most likely be good for them both.

Acclimate him slowly and watch for a few days. I’m sure it’ll be fine :)
500L Sooperhooge Goldfish tank :)
200L The Barbarium….Tiger barbs and a very grumpy BN plec
200L Marine Reef.....stocking in progress!
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Well done on the rescue and rehab. Hard to believe this is the same fish. 

Not that I'm a trekkie but "Live long and prosper" seems an appropriate wish to send him off with to his new pond   :cool: