Si’s Pond

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your ponds.
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Have u seen my fridge pre-lockdown!! He’s lucky there was cheese and fresh bread!! He could just as easily have got the Branston with a spoon! Dunno how long it’s been in there! 🤣🤣🤣

My dad used to say, “I’d make you bacon and eggs if I’d any bacon, but I’ve no eggs!”
Ruth
Posting Legend

Anyway...

Back to Si’s pond.....!
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 834 times

Ruth wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 22:14 pm How was it built?! My friend came round with old sleepers he had lying around, eh dug down a bit, and eh built the pond and um... there it is! I made him coffee and cheese and Branston sandwiches! 😁

Hope that helps!! 🤣🤣🤣. I’ll measure tomorrow.

Ahhh. Cheese slices for the walls and the Branston holds it together. Clever that. ;)
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Yesterday I did some work on the pond. Cleared out all the leaves and tree rubbish that fell in after the windy weekend. I weeded the waterfall and removed a lot of green slimy algae. I then cleaned the filter which was disgusting! Never seen it so bad. Must've been longer than I thought since last emptying. Not sure if there was a lot of weed / algae gunk stuck on the pads blocking them. Good scrub and everything back together.

I moved a couple of plants in pots around. The lilly pads are coming back to life at last. Even found a 2 inch frog friend when moving plants. Cute little chap.

I did notice for the first time there were no bacteria balls left in the filter so I rammed a load more of those in too. Not seen any definitive goldfish spawning happening yet this year. I've been trickling water in most days to try and do a slow water change without introducing too much chlorine. Hoping to get some babies this year (not that I have anywhere to raise them as everywhere is currently full of sword tails inside.

Today I mowed the lawn, trimmed bushes, weeded garden and set up the hottub next to the pond again for excellent viewing times. Just gotta wait for the heater to do it's thing over night. Dream garden is nearly back on form.

So much plant growth all round the pond compared to last year. Loving the minimal effort maximum reward the pond plants require.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Nice story but it can only be believed, if there are pics to prove it :D
Ruth
Posting Legend

I was just gonna say - I don’t believe you. Photographic evidence please!
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

Look at it now! Looking good and grown in :D
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Brilliant! Some of your fish look massive :grin:
Ruth
Posting Legend

ooooOOOOOooooooh! That’s lovely! Amazing fish! Are they koi?