Panic buying... *WARNING - CURRENT NEWS RELATED TOPIC*

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Feather_Borb
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 239 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 18:29 pm
Feather_Borb wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 18:24 pm I reckon that the mail must have set that photo up because there's nothing wrong with those bananas!
If you seen what some people had thrown out around here, nothing surprises me.
Oh dear, it sounds like I will have to make sure I avoid looking at the neighbours wheelie bins. I hate wasting food. One of the reason that I have chickens. They and the compost heap do great work with any scraps :)
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4219 times
Been liked: 3886 times

Feather_Borb wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 18:38 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 18:29 pm
Feather_Borb wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 18:24 pm I reckon that the mail must have set that photo up because there's nothing wrong with those bananas!
If you seen what some people had thrown out around here, nothing surprises me.
Oh dear, it sounds like I will have to make sure I avoid looking at the neighbours wheelie bins. I hate wasting food. One of the reason that I have chickens. They and the compost heap do great work with any scraps :)
Unfortunately @Feather_Borb, because we live in a street that was built in 1830 the pavements or 'Footway' as the local council insists on calling them are very narrow. Therefore for health and safety reason we are not aloud wheelie bins, and you can just imagine what it's like if some fool puts their bags out early, like at the weekend when rubbish collection is Monday lunchtime. To add to the fun, there's cats, foxes and best of all the birds and we live next to sea! :banghead:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

That's absolutely disgusting. What the hell is wrong with people?
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

If it's true (and it is The Mail), they all need to be slapped hard and told to grow up, selfish gits! :mad:
Martinspuddle

My wife has just told me, someone has posted on Facebook this morning... "is the butcher going to be at the Sheerness boot fair today?" ...words just fail me, no pubic gatherings nitwit! :@
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

🤦‍♂️ :banghead:
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

How the US values professionals.

Tom Brady, .................. American "Footballer" has signed a deal for 2 years. = $40,000,000 . minimum.
Dr.Tony Fauci,.............. Head of national Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases = $700,000 for the same 2 years.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

I managed to get bog roll this morning at the Sainsburys Local.....or should this be in the other thread?
The Yanks couldn't get priorities right if they tried, that's probably why they voted for Trump anyway...... ;)
Mind you, we've got Boris.............???????? :huh: :s
Martinspuddle

Staffylover wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 19:10 pm @Martinspuddle hope your shift went ok, there certainly is plenty of trucks on the road at the moment ;)
Yeah, the shift went OK. Near enough nothing on the roads all the way back from Wolverhampton hub.

Now tonight seeing over the last few nights how the pallet count has dropped, looks like I may well be laid off at the end of this week. Be OK because I will get paid by the government but I was rather hoping in carry on. My boss is told me the supermarkets are now dropping third party hauliers transporting their freight too. :cry:

As you can see from tonight picture that trailer would normally be full of freight.
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1907 times

That's interesting Martin, my neighbour who does maintenance on lorries has been told not to go in for the next 4wks as companies are cancelling even places like Tesco which I find amazing, surely the supermarkets have never been so busy, and there is certainly still plenty of trucks on main roads local to me but perhaps that will change soon, who knows, things change by the day, like you I am glad to be still in work but there is no overtime and it's very quiet so hope that doesn't change, never mind you will have to use the down time to plan more tanks :grin:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish