Bloody cars eh?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

@Andys temperate tank I forgot you were in Sunderland. I lived there for some years (RYHOPE), and used to fish off the Roker Pier catching cod. Also sailed from Roker yacht club, and when becalmed off the coast we used to throw a line overboard and always could great cod. However, in the 1970s, the fish became very scarce. I don't know which way you will go to Galloway, but Barnard Castle will be a traffic jam om Bank Holiday, as usual. BYW, I used tohave my BMs serviced at Boldon. Hope yuo have a good catch. Are you beach fishing or off a boat?
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Jon_D wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 20:39 pm @Andys temperate tank I forgot you were in Sunderland. I lived there for some years (RYHOPE), and used to fish off the Roker Pier catching cod. Also sailed from Roker yacht club, and when becalmed off the coast we used to throw a line overboard and always could great cod. However, in the 1970s, the fish became very scarce. I don't know which way you will go to Galloway, but Barnard Castle will be a traffic jam om Bank Holiday, as usual. BYW, I used tohave my BMs serviced at Boldon. Hope yuo have a good catch. Are you beach fishing or off a boat?
Small world sometimes Jon. Theres still a couple of double figure cod get caught on roker pier in the winter. Nothing like what if used to be though.

The yacht club has a very nice club house looking over roker pier now.

We go across the a69 to Carlisle then up the m6 till the stranraer slip road so I'll dodge all the barny castle traffic. We fish off rock edges up the mull and go wading off some beaches for bass.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

If only life was reliable as a Volkswagen. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Andys temperate tank
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm If only life was reliable as a Volkswagen. :]
Not much fun though Martin.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Andys temperate tank wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 13:25 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm If only life was reliable as a Volkswagen. :]
Depends on what you class as fun. My Polo is cheap to run never breaks down and is quick when I need it to be. :H
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

Andys temperate tank wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 13:25 pm
Absolutely I'm into my cars and would recommend VAG cars alot, there a solid choice, not as reliable as the hype would have you believe but good enough and repair bills normally not too bad, but bland and a bit dull to drive and be in. I'm a current VAG driver as in my Dad, father in law and many friends nothing against them but they are over rated without doubt. Unfortunately not a patch on a BMW for me personally, although as they age they're no more reliable than anything else but still more expensive to fix!

Now if you want a real fun car - lets talk Alfa!
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down