Hi All, Just got myself a fish tank AGAIN! (Bancrupcy incoming)

Tell us a bit about yourself!
grinchfinger
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 69 times

Tank looks like it's coming along great!

With the seeds, you could try germinating them between a couple of sheets of damp kitchen roll. Put your damp kitchen roll and seed sandwich on a plate then stick an upsidedown plate on top to keep the moisture in and put it in the airing cupboard for a few days. Just keep it moist and warm and the seed will germinate.

Once it's germinated though it will need some nutrition so you'll want to transfer it to something with nutrients in! :)

What plant are the seeds for?
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

Love the shape of the tank, I don't think I've ever seen one like that.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Joefish
Been liked: 47 times

just tested my water after having the tank setup for around a month, not a bit of ammonia, nitrite, and barely a colour change on the nitrate... great when you have 2 good filter propperly set up with the correct ammount of biological media in it, still need wood, but after my car calamity i just cant offord it :(
Joefish

Nearly 2 hours ive been at this, taking all the old broken faded trim off the tank and taking off the SHOCKING re seal job someone had done, just siliconed over the top of old stuff with 10x too much, look at the state of it.

Im going to leave the top with no trim on, paint the back black, black gravel like my tropical and nice plants in it, and get common gold fish and a mirror carp off my friend whos tank is way too small for him now, 95 litre tank with 3 common goldfish, huge mirror carp, huge loach and 3 other small fish.... Not fair on the carp now really, he is happy and well changed water, but still, 250L is going to make him huge :)

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

That does look rather excessive..... :D

Make sure the trim isn't part of the structure - you don't want it collapsing when it's full of water. ;)
Joefish

dont think it is, just some plastic around the top edges so you cant see the glass brace inside, its 8mm thick glass too and only the bottom and rear panel are removable, do i remove them fully, or just clean up the glass and re seal from the inside?
Joefish

actually i wont remove them completely, because that means disturbing the brace, ill just clean with alcohol and silicone remover and re seal
Joefish

So ive cleaned all around the silicone joints, first with scraping all the mess off, then silicone remover, scraped all that away, hoovered all the mess out, then ive gone round it with mild soapy warm water, then brake cleaner so the glass is clean for the silicone.... Shall i do a nice thick bead as you wont see any of the joints anyway?
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Better safe than sorry :)
Joefish

Hope this will do the trick! All cleaned and ready to go