Hi All, Just got myself a fish tank AGAIN! (Bancrupcy incoming)

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Joefish
Been liked: 47 times

So when the rest of my gravel comes tomorrow, i will add it to the aquarium and start leveling it out how i want it, higher at the bit that bows out because the tank is a funny shape, that should give the illusion of depth, i will now add my substrate nutrient tablets down where i want most of the plants to be, then add the amazon swords to the back and the foreground plants going smaller and smaller to the front to the carpeting plants that are now germinating on my windowcill will this work out ok?
Joefish

This is a picture i took a few seconds ago, tank is clearing up slowly, but still zoom in and look at that tank level on the stand :O its just cheap chipboard garbage thats a few years old... Still debating making my own stand out of steel/wood and have my friend bend a peice of steel the shape as the front of the tank :)

Just let me know if you would be happy with this stand PLEASE, then i will fill it up fully, and sleep soundly, not worrying without the sudden POP and 400+ litres of water flooding my house haha

Joefish

you know what im going to do, have a few more beers and just go for it, and fill it up to the top..... I've got a mop, and an aqua vac whats the worst that could happen :):):):)
stechappo
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 586 times

This was 275ltr and had previously been filled with 40kilos of Ocean Rock, 3 pieces of chipboard to hold it, stands are built to hold the weight.
Joefish

here we go, whatdo you think, FULLY FILLED, I DID IT!!! hahaha

Joefish

I know im being paranoid ive NEVER worried this much about a stand before, but my landlord lives in his farm 50 yards from the cottage i live in, and if this went wrong he would be PISSED, he said "you can have a fish tank thats no poblem, as long as it isnt too big and doesent leak at all" LOL I know it wont leak with fluval, but its done, its filled, this is around 400kg of water and 60-80kg of 10mm gllass, with 20kg of gravel, and 10kg of substrate, looks SO DIFFERENT NOW i love it, looks like a real fishtank now, i SO CANT WAIT until its done, which it never will be, because ill keep furiously adding, modifying and updating the tank
Joefish

Ok ive done my tank, had a couple of beers, im more ralaxed now, with my problems and tablets i have to take causes me to worry too much about stuff and think about too much stuff, but at least you are all here to help me, my last 350 litre tank wasnt so stressful because i didnt know what i was doing and didnt understand about all these things that you have to think about, my friend has a 250 litre tank, and uses raw tap water and doesent have a good filter, just the one that comes with the tank and doesent believe me that the things im talking about are worth worrying about and tells me to stop worrying about stuff that doesent matter, but i know it does, if the fish breathe in harmful substances like amonia, nitrite and nitrate it is deadly, if the PH changed dramatically it is deadly, if the water temperature changes dramaticallly its deadly, ive spent years doing this and worrying constantly, but when its right, its right, absolutely perfect, with the right amount of filtration and water changes you can keep your fish healthy and happy for as long as they live :)

I hope im not upsetting everyone with my posts but i need constant re assurance that what im doing is ok or ill will be quite sad and it will have been a total waste of money, but so far, i think everything is going ok :)
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Its certainly coming together, looking forward to more pics as this develops. Like the others said, the stand should be fine. However, if you have that friend to hand who is willing to make you a bespoke stand, that would be great - just for being different and unique. Plus, it might reassure you because you know how it has been made.
See how things are in the morning. If everything is fine, you might finally be able to trust the stand and focus on setting up the tank instead :)
Joefish

well i have just woken up feeling seriously ill ( im almost 31 now, 10 cans of beer seem to last no time at all and the heacaches just increase) and the tank is still full and the fish are still alive so thats a bonus, when the 305 is back tuesday the tank will be great more pictures will be uploaded, typing ending for a night im sleepy and delete key used more then used in the enigma code , night all :) thanks for your help
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Hope you feel ok today. :)
The tank looks great! :D