Hi All, Just got myself a fish tank AGAIN! (Bancrupcy incoming)

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Joefish
Been liked: 47 times

Haha Thanks for your replies, ok then i shall trust the stand, Worst part about spending all this money on the fish tank is.... My turbo blew on my way to pick it up, so im now around £300 down.... and i need a turbo, which i COULD have got if i hadnt of bought this fish tank... but then if i hadnt of bought it, i wouldnt have gone on the journey to pick it up and the turbo might not have gone? Shall i ignore the turbo problem and spend another £100 on gravel and hardscape? LOL
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Who needs a car when you have a fish tank? ;) :D
Joefish

I agree! I got a second hand turbo, £45 bargain, and i got a 20kg bag of gravel, 2 more on order haha
jacksdad
Posting Legend
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 272 times

It'll be reet!
As said above, the bases/cabinets are incredibly strong, and those legs will hold up a house. :)
Fluval 160, Boyu 300 'New Used Project 2' , Leddy 60l Shrimp tank
eBay stalker bargain hunter!
Joefish

Good times!! I need to move it now, i want my tank under my stairs and move my front room round, but i put my back out yesterday and cant lift anything and ive got fish tanks to sort!!!!! Damn back, cant wait until ive got it all set up!
Can anyone reccomend a light thats not expensive.... The one supplied is some 30" LED chinese thing you can control with a remote... It does have the full 5ft housing across the top for the lights, but no light fittings, ballast or any electronics in it at all? Seems strange

Thanks - Joe
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:17 am
Best member to ask would @jacksdad plumber and builder extraordinaire ....failing that we could always ask @Ruth, she's great at DIY! :grin:
This killed me!
Then this....:dodgy:
Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:26 am @Joefish the only member you need worry about is @Gingerlove05 ....very demanding is this Welshmen, always asking for pictures. :dodgy2:
Damnit Martin! ROFL

Hello and welcome to AF-UK Joe :)
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

...but @Gingerlove05 is not alone. He has an army behind him, demanding pictures... ::damnit:: ::twisted::
SxAqua
Has liked: 486 times
Been liked: 353 times

Hi Joe 👋 What plans have you got for the new tank?
Joefish

I like to paint the back glass black, with black gravel, then the green of the plants and the colours of the fish really stand out, gives it some depth especially with the perfectly selected peices of wood and natural sone, I like to make it look as if youve just put your head under a real river, Never had Co2 injection, or used any type of soil or anything, and my plants have never thrived, so some help with that would be fantastic :)
Joefish

Do you think these are too big? They are about 10kg each but they are nice natural stone, if i do the white vinegar test on them, soak them in boiling water and scrub them for ages, should do the trick shouldnt it, thats what i usually do?