Best Shops in North West UK With Good Stock of Betta's

Found a LFS you rate highly? Post the details here.
jp1193

Hi,

New to the forum so apologies in advanced if question is not in line with what should be asked.

I'm living in Ireland (from UK originally) and will be getting the ferry over from there to Liverpool. I'll be returning beginning of June and am thinking of purchasing a betta to take back with me as the one I had recently passed away after 2 years and the selection in Ireland for betta's is not always the best.

I'd ideally be looking at a half-moon betta which I'd collect the late/afternnon the day before the morning of my ferry. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any LFS close to Liverpool/Manchester that usually stocks a good range of betta fish?

I've looked online and seen one called SiambettaUK but they appear to have limited collection times which don't suit when I could get one. So, I'd be looking to go instead to an LFS and as I'm not familiar with the area, if there's any recommendations on ones which stock a good range of betta fish, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Pier aquatics in Wigan is regarded as the best shop in the UK. I don't know if they do much in the way of Bettas though. They have an online shop so it would be worth a look.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

BigBen wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 13:30 pm Pier aquatics in Wigan is regarded as the best shop in the UK.
By some. But it’s only because they can get unusual species.

Aqualife in Leyland usually has a good stock list. Better ring them though for Bettas.

https://www.aqualifeleyland.co.uk/our-stock-1
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
I'm not sure what the Brexit rules are with the trade stuff (besides complicated ;) ) - will you be able to take livestock to ROI (or even to NI)?
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

plankton wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:17 am Welcome to the forum. :)
I'm not sure what the Brexit rules are with the trade stuff (besides complicated ;) ) - will you be able to take livestock to ROI (or even to NI)?
Ooooh that’s a good point