Fish by Post

Found a LFS you rate highly? Post the details here.
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 1945 times

I have done this a good number of times now as the local shops don't stock a big range and I often know what I would like to add to my tanks, plus I don't always have time for road trips, so I thought I would post my experiences on here in case it helps anyone else.
Postage is overnight by courier - usually DX and should arrive by about lunch time, I usually get a text in the morning with a 2hr slot, cost is between £20-28 depending on the shop, seems steep, but it's still a lot less than a tank of fuel!
Firstly, good shops that I have been to in person and do delivery, but I haven't needed to use that service yet, they all do some form of stock list so worth looking at;

Wharf Aquatics near Nottingham, good range of larger stuff, rift lake cichlids and Betta among others also wood, lots and lots of large bogwood pieces! Stock list on the website.
Pier Aquatics Wigan, lots of L-no pleco and rare S.American tetra's, a good website with pictures of the fish, they also post videos on Facebook.
Aqualife Leyland, many different types of Cory, friendly knowledgeable staff, you can request certain fish especially if it's showing on the Runimans website as they do orders from there, they do a list of deliveries on Facebook but there is no complete stock list.

Then by post I have used,

Trop co - very good, good online shop, friendly and efficient on the phone, well set up for online orders, the only one to send in carboard box only, I thought this was good, fish were plenty warm enough with several heat packs, and it means I don't have a poly box to try and flat pack into the general waste bin.

Premier Aquatics - small shop in Runcorn, not really set up for fish deliveries but happy to send if you ask, very active on Facebook with unboxing and little shop tours, stocks nice community fish, often nice apisto's in, there is a good website for plants,

The Fish Barn, Crrawley, small shop but often has more unusual stuff in, good up to date stock list on the website.

The Abyss, I really like to get dry goods from here, they also do fish but not so good for tropical fish in my opinion, it's more about the marines.
If I use a different shop I will try to post about it on here, perhaps others could add their experiences if they have used anywhere else :)
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
John Linklater
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 90 times

Used tropco twice. Would recommend. Fish looked healthy and settled in quickly. Well packaged with two water bags surrounding the fish in a third middle bag and heat packs. Delivery on the day requested and in the morning.